PDA

View Full Version : Great 4 hour hunt today. Barber, war nickel, rosie, buffalo & sterling!

JdsCoins
03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I hit up a public spot again that I tried yesterday for the first time (I dug 2 rosies and a bunch of clad) this time I struck an unexpected, old barber :shocked04: (my first pre 1900 coin dug in TN!) other than that all the coins I've pulled from here have been 1940's wheats and up, all the rosies were newer ones. 1956 today & yesterday's were 1960 and 1963. But that quarter has given me incentive to go back hoping there's a few more oldies lurking deep down somewhere. (I need to get a bigger coil for spots like this) What doesn't help is much of the area is an old ballfield, there's areas with sand and a few spots that have a thin layer of white gravel about 6 down. :-\ I've dug clad at 8-10 :shocked03:

Metal Detecting March 8th 2013 - BARBER QUARTER, WAR NICKEL, ROSIE, BUFFALO & STERLING! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkULhmp5-6s#ws)

Tony Two-Cent
03-08-2013, 09:39 PM
I had already watched this video earlier this evening on YouTube so I was waiting for this post. ;)

Congrats on the great finds, Jon, especially that Barber Quarter! :loveit:

Those don't turn up too often, so it's always a thrill to get one! Especially one from the 1800s! |:cheering:

:congrats:

JdsCoins
03-08-2013, 10:24 PM
I had already watched this video earlier this evening on YouTube so I was waiting for this post. ;)

Congrats on the great finds, Jon, especially that Barber Quarter! :loveit:

Those don't turn up too often, so it's always a thrill to get one! Especially one from the 1800s! |:cheering:

:congrats:

Thanks Tony! This was my 4th one. 2 I found last year were in the same yard (an old mansion) You're right, they don't pop up often. I'm still looking for a seated quarter. It's funny, this year so far I dug a barber & SLQ, but I still haven't found a washington. lol

aloldstuff
03-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Nice video and thanks for posting. You're right about the Barber quarter being elusive but for me its got to be the war nickle. Haven't found one in about 2 years. :congrats: on the keepers and keep the videos coming.

leslie(nova scotia)
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...enjoyed the vid! <;)

starman2
03-09-2013, 03:41 PM
:perfect10:! Great video! Keeping me going. Waiting for the ground to thaw. :drool:It's so close!! Congrats on the Barber Q. Still looking for my first. So consider your self fortunate! Splendid silver finds for 1 hunt! WTG!! |:confused:)

JdsCoins
03-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Nice video and thanks for posting. You're right about the Barber quarter being elusive but for me its got to be the war nickle. Haven't found one in about 2 years. :congrats: on the keepers and keep the videos coming.

I don't know why, but for some reason since I started detecting I have done really well with the war nickels. I found 12 last year and 4 already this year. But then again I hunt a lot of spots that only date back to the 40's and 50's a lot. I lack when it comes to the really old stuff. I've never dug a large cent, 2 or 3 cent, shield nickel....etc....I have a long list of wants lol

CODY
03-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Great video. Congrats on all the cool finds.