PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to Detect

aloldstuff
03-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Rob and I hit the park again this afternoon. The weather was great and everybody was out enjoying it. Don't know if Rob will have time to post but I will tell ya that he got himself a dime trifecta.

I managed to get a 1942 merc towards the end of the hunt. I also got what I am thinking is a very toasted copper. It is quite thin so don't know......

Hope everybody had a great weather day like we did today.

Thanks for reading.

del
03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
thats one fine looking New England Disk ya found there Al thumbsup01 unfortunately a lot of the old coppers look like that when you find them . no doubt its probably an old colonial coin and by the thickness it was probably a counterfiet as well.

aloldstuff
03-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Del, thanks for the info on my toastie. At least I can add to my signature.

RobW
03-11-2013, 07:08 AM
:dontknow:..at no details at all on the copper...nothing to give a clue as to what it is :dontknow:
Or is your eyesight just that bad...even under a magnifying glass lol

It was good to get out :detecting:

Thiltzy
03-11-2013, 05:51 PM
That copper has seen better days lol I found one in similar condition, it sounded great in my head phones but when I pulled out of the plug I just had to laugh

skribnodsister
03-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Nice finds Al, I think? :confused: The Merc looks great :peace: The other one is pretty toasted :( Glad you got to get out and go :detecting: :congrats: on the Merc :perfect10: and the toasted Copper lol

CODY
03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Very nice finds Al. That copper reminds me of myself, Old and Toasty! Haha. :congrats:

starman2
03-14-2013, 05:35 PM
:congrats: on the Merc, and Colonial. Sounds like you had a ball! Still waitin for some soft ground here. Hopefully soon. WTG!!