PDA

View Full Version : First Spring Hunt

z118
03-10-2013, 05:50 PM
I managed to get out today for the first time this season. I was probably rushing it a bit as there is patchy snow on the ground in many places and as I found out the ground is still mostly frozen. I headed for an odd wooded spot that gave up a Merc during a January thaw. It's always interesting getting back into the swing after winter, and I loved every minute of it. I started hitting wheats in short order, and after an hour or so I got a nice silver sounding tone. I was hopeful for a Rosie but braced myself for a clad quarter. Sure enough after hacking through the frozen ground I popped out a quarter sized disc. It was dingy and kind of green so I figured it was clad, but when I gave it a second look I was utterly stunned to find it was a SLQ! This is only the second one I've ever dug, and the first in my home area (I found my first on a trip to New England). It's well worn with no date but that's fine with me. What a great way to start the year. I would up with 38 coins total including 9 wheats and the SLQ. I already can't wait for my next Spring hunt.

Happy hunting...

Tony Two-Cent
03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Huge congrats on the SLQ! I don't care if they're worn an datless, they're all beautiful to me!

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
03-11-2013, 05:03 AM
:congrats: on the SLQ. I've gottern 5 of them over the years but only one had a date. :congrats: Still a beautiful coin.

bob_e99
03-11-2013, 08:43 AM
:congrats:

Definitely a very nice find!

CODY
03-12-2013, 08:04 AM
A SLQ, Wow! Congrats on a great find. They sure don't come up that often.

RobW
03-12-2013, 09:25 AM
She's a beaut..even without a date :clapping:

starman2
03-14-2013, 05:19 PM
:smitten: Sweet SLQ!! Myself. Just sittin here :daydream: waiting for my ground to thaw. The Jet Stream is really messin with us here in Mich. Nice sunny days. But freezing temps at night. Glad you were able to get out! :congrats: on the awesome SLQ, and your other finds! :frozen: