PDA

View Full Version : After Work Hunts Make Everything Better

z118
03-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I got out this tonight for the first after work evening hunt of the season. I wasn't sure where to go so I headed back to the wooded spot I hunted the day before. I always used to avoid hunting the same spot twice in a row though I can't say why. I was glad I opted to this evening. My second target was a nice silver tone that sure enough turned out to be a very nice Merc. I wound up with an dozen coins total including two wheats, a '55 Canadian penny, and the silver dime. It was kind of bleak and windy out (temps are supposed to drop into the 20's tomorrow) so it was good to get out while I could. Evening hunts sure do take the edge of a long day at work sitting at a desk. I'm learning that early spring is great for hitting spots that are otherwise overgrown with underbrush the rest of the year.

Happy hunting and thanks for looking!

Tony Two-Cent
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Wow, that Merc is minty fresh! What a beauty! :loveit:

One of the nicest dug Mercs I've ever seen! :yes:

:perfect10:

MIKE54
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
nice split bands

Skamaniac
03-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Beautiful dime! Congrats on your find.

Ill Digger
03-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Wow, that Merc is minty fresh!
<} Thats funny! :hysterical:

But I gotta agree! thumbsup01 She's a beauty! :loveit:
Nice find!
Congrats! :grin:
I could use a little swing time :detecting: to easy some stress right about now. :needadrink: lol

bob_e99
03-12-2013, 12:28 PM
:shocked03:

That merc is incredible. It's in such good shape, it's hard to believe it's a real merc.

Congrats on a great find.

:perfect10:

ssserena
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Superb find!If I got a seated dime in that kind condition coming out of the ground I would literally die :cheering:

CODY
03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Sweet! Very nice dime. :congrats:

aloldstuff
03-13-2013, 07:23 AM
:congrats: on a great looking merc.

starman2
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
:congrats: on a great evening hunt! Nice bunch of finds! The Merc looks brand new! WTG!! :envious:

ChrisinCT
03-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Sweet merc, must have been dropped the day it left the mint.

del
03-16-2013, 10:35 AM
great looking merc Z ; yeah i agree the woods are great to hunt in the early springtime

swamp yankee
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
I got out this tonight for the first after work evening hunt of the season. I wasn't sure where to go so I headed back to the wooded spot I hunted the day before. I always used to avoid hunting the same spot twice in a row though I can't say why. I was glad I opted to this evening. My second target was a nice silver tone that sure enough turned out to be a very nice Merc. I wound up with an dozen coins total including two wheats, a '55 Canadian penny, and the silver dime. It was kind of bleak and windy out (temps are supposed to drop into the 20's tomorrow) so it was good to get out while I could. Evening hunts sure do take the edge of a long day at work sitting at a desk. I'm learning that early spring is great for hitting spots that are otherwise overgrown with underbrush the rest of the year.

Happy hunting and thanks for looking!
Congrats on one of the best looking MercsI've seen in quite a while,may you find many more this year.I'd go over that place a lot slower and dig the iffy signals to find her older sisters. HH......