PDA

View Full Version : Great Relics Three Ringers Sterling and Silver #23 #24

bamadigtab
03-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Well, all I can say is what an amazing hunt. Found a site that has been active here in Alabama since 1799 according to the owner that had a 1799 map in spanish and was translated to English. I knew there were active areas here in Alabama though few and far between in the late 1700's but never thought I would find any. Well I found what I think are 8 3 ringer bullets from the civil war even though that was 60 years later. I'm not much into civil war relics but from other pics I seen they certainly appear to be civil war relics they are chalky white, but one thing bothers me is they have a flat top. Can anyone confirm that these are from the civil war or possibly older? Thanks. I also found sterling jewelry and silver #23 #24. I got 11 wheats and a whole lot of other sweet relics. I also have a strange looking key as well. Nice Butterfly with the inscription Imperial on the back. I did not see sterling or .925 but believe it is silver because is came up high between dime and quarter but with no mark I can't verify it. I also found some vintage costume jewelry, and a pocket knife and a lot more. The nice ornate piece is a button that has a mother of pearl back on it. Possibly from the 1800's because of the mother of pearl backing.

Well anyway pics and video are below as usual.

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIDEO

[size=24pt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwmMn6J38Mc

POKIE73
03-16-2013, 10:05 PM
what a great find i have never seen that kind of pin before it is a very cool find dennis

bamadigtab
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Posted by Dennis
what a great find i have never seen that kind of pin before it is a very cool find dennis

Yep the pin! I had an evaluation from someone who restores jewelry and was told that it was very old and was genuine authentic filigree hand made and silver and very expensive. I don't have an estimated amount they would not give me one for fear it would be to far off and said I needed to take it to a professional to date and value it. The spoon pin is sterling but not near as old as the filigree butterfly. There are a lot of people claiming to sell filigree on ebay but it is not genuine, when looked at up close you can see the difference real filigree is made by using hundreds of strands of silver weaved and rolled by hand the silver soldered together. Most of what is called filigree on ebay is one solid piece of silver etched out by a Drimmell tool or some other tool, you can tell the difference simply by looking at it.

freemindstuck
03-17-2013, 01:36 AM
That butterfly is sweet! :perfect10: Let us know when you get it dated and appraised. :congrats:

aloldstuff
03-17-2013, 12:12 PM
:congrats: on finding that spot. You got yourself some great finds, really like that butterfly.

tanacat
03-21-2013, 09:00 AM
:perfect10: Great finds! That butterfly is amazing- so intricate! :clapping: Also curious about the age and value. If I remember correctly silver jewelry didn't start getting stamped until early 1900's- around 1910? I bet that was satisfying to get the dirt out of the crevices lol

CODY
03-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Awesome butterfly pin. Please let us know what you find out about it. :congrats: on all your other finds. Video was great!. Not sure about the bullets. Maybe you could just post a picture of the bullets on the relic page. Del or someone Im sure can advice. :congrats:

bamadigtab
03-22-2013, 03:20 PM
The butterfly was genuine filigree it's value is estimated between 25 dollars up to several hundred so that is it so far. The bullets are supposedly Lyman bullets made between the 60's and 70's. So far that is all I know. I will update if I find out anything else.

starman2
03-23-2013, 01:12 PM
:perfect10: :wow:! What a great find! Imagine the time it took to make that. But only a second to lose it. And after all those years. It's found again. :congrats: on some nice finds! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Now I'll go back and watch it being uncovered.

bamadigtab
03-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Now I'll go back and watch it being uncovered.

Sorry didn't get the recovery on cam! Maybe next time.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
gorgeous piece of jewelery! congrats!

bamadigtab
03-31-2013, 09:39 PM
gorgeous piece of jewelery! congrats!

Thanks! I'm rather partial to the butterfly, but the spoon comes a very close second!!