PDA

View Full Version : 2 COPPER DAY AT A COLONIAL CELLAR HOLE with THILTZY

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2013, 09:45 PM
me & Todd decided to go back to one of my sites.i figured we'd have to work for any finds since i been there alot by myself and with a few of my other detecting buddies on this forum.well todd was making me look bad for the 1st half of the day.i couldn't get my coil over anything other than a wiped out fatty IH,
he had two half reales,a seated dime , a IH and a few buttons while my pouch was empty :embarrassed:
then finally my coil got over some targets the 2nd half of the day.
a cool cross brooch? that at some point had all black glass covering the cross & leaves.you can still see a few fragments of the glass clinging on.a neat heart shaped suspender buckle with leather still intact with ring,a hand forged iron hand drill, a knee buckle or small boys shoe buckle,a bridle rosette, a nice designed tombac button,a very cool sportsmans button of a panther? with a awesome backmark.never even knew of this company, (waterville mfg co) nevermind making buttons it's a section of waterbury,ct called waterville. 2 coppers.one is a 1787 fugio cent and the other is pretty toasted but looks like a CT or KG copper.we hunted 11 hrs and had a great day!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2013, 09:47 PM
more pics

Tony Two-Cent
03-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Awesome finds, Dave! It sounds like you and Todd both had a great day!

I love the Fugio Cent and that really cool panther button as well!

And how cool that the suspender buckle still has the leather on it!

Congrats on the super day! :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Awesome finds, Dave! It sounds like you and Todd both had a great day!

I love the Fugio Cent and that really cool panther button as well!

And how cool that the suspender buckle still has the leather on it!

Congrats on the super day! :clapping:

thanks tony! todd had his detector tuned in today :embarrassed:

del
03-17-2013, 12:25 AM
great day Dave , nice coin and relic balance :congrats:

aloldstuff
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Nothing like having the presure put on you by Todd. Great 2nd half of the day though. Really like the Fugio. I would be wondering if this area had panthers back then:huh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-18-2013, 02:58 PM
great day Dave , nice coin and relic balance :congrats:

Dan,have you heard of this button maker here in waterbury? 1850 ish?

Thiltzy
03-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Sweet buttons Dave, they cleaned up nice as did the kids shoe buckle :peace: The Fugio reverse looks nice :happydance01:

Bell-Two
03-19-2013, 06:54 AM
My gosh what a hunt you two put on...stuff of dreams congratulations |:confused:)

Lodge Scent
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Some really cool finds !

swamp yankee
04-09-2013, 06:45 PM
me & Todd decided to go back to one of my sites.i figured we'd have to work for any finds since i been there alot by myself and with a few of my other detecting buddies on this forum.well todd was making me look bad for the 1st half of the day.i couldn't get my coil over anything other than a wiped out fatty IH,
he had two half reales,a seated dime , a IH and a few buttons while my pouch was empty :embarrassed:
then finally my coil got over some targets the 2nd half of the day.
a cool cross brooch? that at some point had all black glass covering the cross & leaves.you can still see a few fragments of the glass clinging on.a neat heart shaped suspender buckle with leather still intact with ring,a hand forged iron hand drill, a knee buckle or small boys shoe buckle,a bridle rosette, a nice designed tombac button,a very cool sportsmans button of a panther? with a awesome backmark.never even knew of this company, (waterville mfg co) nevermind making buttons it's a section of waterbury,ct called waterville. 2 coppers.one is a 1787 fugio cent and the other is pretty toasted but looks like a CT or KG copper.we hunted 11 hrs and had a great day!
Great hunt for you guys w/lots of real great finds,congrats and thanx for the great pix too! Too bad the coins are so toasted but you still got 'em. Any difference hunting under maple trees as they seem to sweeten the soil? Best of luck this season and HH.....