PDA

View Full Version : back from southern illinois and the results are..

ssserena
03-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Well the weather down there was good it was dry and cloudy and 50 degrees and a lot of forest hunting and hunted a old house the house was not as old as my relative sayed it was it was built in 1935 but many many signals I ended up with a sore back from the large amount of holes I dug (79)memorial pennies all were from the 1970s except for one a old 1942 wheaty!I also ended up with (2) clad dimes 1970s of course.Now my find of the weekend a clam shaped spoon from the early part of the century,i kept on going back and forth on my responses,smooth,normal,pitch hold exc,so many different choices and I don't know which one of the 4 responses are the best for silver.The ground in southern Illinois is perfect for metal detecting.Had a nice camp fire and roasted some marshmellows chased the kids into the woods and dressed up as bigfoot and chased them around sunset,if I saw a 7 foot man in bigfoot suite chasing me through the woods at sunset when I was 9 I would of died with fear anyways it was fun no silver but good springtime fun,i did come back up to northern Illinois and tried some digging tonight clan clank clank solid as concreat,might be time to change the direction of the sate I live in southern Illinois has so many more benefits than up north!

MIKE54
03-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Thats pretty cool and something those kids will talk about til they're old and gray !

OxShoeDrew
03-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I would bet our amazing etrac members could chime in with silver suggestions....but, I bet the silver is a bit deeper at that site. I've been to sites where they brought in dirt for the lawn and the silver is lost. Sounds like they filled in some dirt there. :dontknow: