PDA

View Full Version : A short mid-day hunt on Monday...and I found Al's Buffalo....AGAIN

RobW
03-18-2013, 02:19 PM
I was hoping to play hooky for the whole afternoon. I was planning on going to Hampshire County for some legal filing and thought I'd hit some spots up that way ..the wind and temps were just too cold :frozen:...so I headed back towards work >:# But as I proceeded back into Hampden County, the temp began to rise...to a nice 38-40 degrees :twirlingeyes:

So I didn't have much time to think...so I hit &quot:daydream:ld faithful..changed clothes in the car..and got to it. I hit a small area that Al and I have POUNDED :detecting:...it amazes me what can still be found

After 1 1/2 hrs, I had a buffalo (Al's), 2 silver Roosies, and a few wheats...all from an area about 40ftX40ft...like I said that we have pounded.

I went slow, used my X-5, auto+3...very trashy area

aloldstuff
03-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Well Rob, we had a discussion off camera about that buff and I haven't changed my response. You know what I mean. :angelic:

Nice hunt, hope we can get out this weekend.

RobW
03-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Well Rob, we had a discussion off camera about that buff and I haven't changed my response. You know what I mean. :angelic:

rofl rofl :hysterical: :hysterical: lol lol lol lol

jkress
03-20-2013, 12:12 AM
I always like to see your hunts Rob... very nice keepers here. :clapping:
Best of luck to you in 2013. :beerbuddy:

leslie(nova scotia)
03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....glad you got out and by the looks of it had a fair day plus.....a great stress releaser! <;)

skribnodsister
03-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Nice hunt Rob! |:cheering: Congrats on finding Silver and for finding Al's buffalo. :happy:

PL8MAN
03-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Sweet finds thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
03-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Nice hunting Rob !! You gotta love those small coils . |:cheering:

RobW
03-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Nice hunting Rob !! You gotta love those small coils . |:cheering:

I hated my X-5 when I first got it. I didn't really notice any difference and thought I wasted my money. It sat in my trunk for a year. I don't remember what made me decide to try it again...but the success I've had from it has been tremendous! I now use it almost exclusivly now.

It makes you go a lot slower and pay attention more to your sweeps :detecting:

CODY
03-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Nice finds. :congrats: