PDA

View Full Version : My best cellar hole coin hunt with Heavymetalnut*Colonial silver and coppers

Thiltzy
03-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Dave was kind enough to have Me take him :teasing: to one of his spots over the weekend. We hunted till almost complete exhaustion but, it was well worth it. Along with all the laughs we shared, I had my best cellar hole coin day which included a first for me in the silver coin category.

The day started slow for me as I concentrated around one of the cellar holes. I knew this place had been hunted heavily in the past so i decided on moving up and down the original road for this settlement. I figured it had most of the foot traffic back then so I was going very low and slow when I found a Half Reale smack in the middle of the road. My first Half Reale :happydance01:! A few feet further down I hit a small coin spill which resulted in an 1880 Seated Dime and an 1862 Injun. Then just off the side of the road next to a large fallen pine, I unearthed a really cool watch chain made of brass and copper. At the end of the chain was the watch winder and there was even some gold gilt remaining on the chain links.

Next I moved into some of the fields where my first target was a toasted counterfeit copper then to my surprise, another Half Reale dated 1776 and finally my 6th coin of the day was a Draped Bust Copper. By the end of the day I was completly exhausted but that was a small price to pay for such a great time.

Tony Two-Cent
03-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Wow, words fail me! That's a dream hunt, Todd! :omg:

So many awesome coins and relics! Any sign of a date on the draped bust large cent?

I hope you got some video of this hunt! Huge congrats! |:confused:)

:perfect10:

z118
03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
That is just unreal! :shocked04:stretcher: I can not imagine such a hunt. Congrats on some amazing finds!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM
was a fun day!
maybe you should eat your wheaties instead of cherios so we can hunt 15 hours instead of 11..you lightweight! >:tongue: :bop: :poke: :boxing:
awesome day for sure! was a blast to see so many colonial era coins come out of here. a draped bust huh?
glad that cleaned up nicely.was afraid it was gonna be shot. now you owe me a hunt on your primo field! <: :happy:
love the watch winder/chain.how cool is that! |:cheering:

Thiltzy
03-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow, words fail me! That's a dream hunt, Todd! :omg:

So many awesome coins and relics! Any sign of a date on the draped bust large cent?

I hope you got some video of this hunt! Huge congrats! |:confused:)

:perfect10:
Thanks Tony. No date on the draped bust Tony and yes, I do have plenty of video but have yet made the movie. :sleepy:

OxShoeDrew
03-19-2013, 06:00 AM
My gosh, that hunt ranks with the best of 'em. Congrats on the first reale :pirate:
The date is clear as day. Usually everything is clear except the date on my coins 8/
I hope there is more land to cover at that site. Good luck!

Bell-Two
03-19-2013, 06:52 AM
That is a dream hunt my friend, WOW! :happy: What a variety of great finds, everything is fantastic!

lee
03-19-2013, 07:39 AM
no date on the draped bust :huh:thinkingabout: , i see 1796 as clear as day ? anyone else ? or am i just silly as a box of frogs ?

aloldstuff
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Isn't it funny how the body gets reenergized after finding some great coins. Nice bunch of keepers, that seated dime looks fantastic. I can't believe that someone could call you lightweight after 11 hours of detecting:huh:thinkingabout:? rofl

tanacat
03-19-2013, 07:59 AM
:omg: :omg: :omg:

What a fantastic hunt- so glad you got to join Dave :clapping: I love the pic of everything together :wow:

I feel your enthusiasm in your words :happy: I would be too!!! :wow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-19-2013, 12:19 PM
:omg: :omg: :omg:

What a fantastic hunt- so glad you got to join Dave :clapping: I love the pic of everything together :wow:

I feel your enthusiasm in your words :happy: I would be too!!! :wow:

can ya feel the sarcasm in his opening statement too? :behave: it's ok...I will get him back! thumbsup01

Thiltzy
03-19-2013, 12:27 PM
no date on the draped bust :huh:thinkingabout: , i see 1796 as clear as day ? anyone else ? or am i just silly as a box of frogs ?
lee I can make out the 7 but can't seethe last two digits, so it is 179?

lee
03-19-2013, 01:43 PM
yer mate , as i see it, 1796 realy clearly..........now where did i put my white stick and golden retriever :huh:.

lee
03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
thay started making the draped bust large cent in 1796 therefore if we can both see a 7 it has to be 1796 to 1799 .
you may have done it already but a dan trick is to shine a light from the side as you take the picture so it casts a shadow.
but im sure it is 1796 mate.

Thiltzy
03-19-2013, 04:37 PM
can ya feel the sarcasm in his opening statement too? :behave: it's ok...I will get him back! thumbsup01
Dave is starting to scare me... he actually threatened me on video while I was recording my dig of the first Reale. He said quote, Todd, If thats a Draped Bust silver I am going to kill you \:hammer:

Thiltzy
03-19-2013, 04:40 PM
My gosh, that hunt ranks with the best of 'em. Congrats on the first reale :pirate:
The date is clear as day. Usually everything is clear except the date on my coins 8/
I hope there is more land to cover at that site. Good luck!
thanks Ox, most of my coins usually are void of dates as well but, today was a different day for me |:cheering:

Lodge Scent
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Great hunt! Not sure I've ever seen a watch chain like that dirt fished before.

Thiltzy
03-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Isn't it funny how the body gets reenergized after finding some great coins. Nice bunch of keepers, that seated dime looks fantastic. I can't believe that someone could call you lightweight after 11 hours of detecting:huh:thinkingabout:? rofl
I concur with ya. Dave just wants too hunt as much as possible as do I but he does it with out eating a thing or even have a sip of water :crazy:

I don't know how he does it, I have about four power bars and a gatorade while I am hunting and he can go longer than me. I see it time and time again :dontknow:

del
03-19-2013, 07:04 PM
:wow: unbelieveable hunt Todd , colonial , silvers , copper coins and some nice relics .Drew is right it don't get much better than that :perfect10: :perfect10: .

Dave is a machine , built by the creator to harvest the coppers on the planet and will not stop until they are all found . lol rofl he doesn't eat or drink , just a steady supply of smokes is all he needs to keep going :poke: :poke:

Thiltzy
03-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Dave is a machine , built by the creator to harvest the coppers on the planet and will not stop until they are all found . lol rofl he doesn't eat or drink , just a steady supply of smokes is all he needs to keep going :poke: :poke:

rofl :hysterical: lol I couldn't have said it any better Dan. Your are so right on point with that statement <} rofl

foundation hunter
03-20-2013, 07:57 AM
I always brought extra sandwiches when we went because i knew the only thing on his mind was finding coppers.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2013, 09:34 AM
:wow: unbelieveable hunt Todd , colonial , silvers , copper coins and some nice relics .Drew is right it don't get much better than that :perfect10: :perfect10: .

I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or a jab to quit smoking? :hysterical:

:detecting: :needadrink: :shocked04:verreaction: :detecting: :happy: :tongue: :teasing: \:hammer:

RobW
03-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I do have plenty of video but have yet made the movie. :sleepy:

With 11 hrs of hunting...it can be a full lenght feature :->(I always wondered when I'd have a chance to use that figure) lol

Awsome finds! :drool:...Congrats :clapping:

del
03-20-2013, 02:51 PM
With 11 hrs of hunting...it can be a full lenght feature

I believe Todd was actually making 3 full lenth feature movies out of the one hunt , right Todd?? :eyebrow:

rumor has it they would be named The Lord of the Coppers trilogies :grin:,

part one was the fellowship of the copper followed by the the two coppers and finally Dave's favorite the return of the copper king :poke: , personally i'm holding out until the 3-D version on blue ray comes out. ;)

fsa46
03-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Awesome hunt & finds Todd. :clapping:

You guys put the time in research and hunting :detecting: and deserve all you find. :congrats: