PDA

View Full Version : CSA belt buckles

Dirt Fisher
03-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I was recently told that the story about the several CSA belt buckles that were claimed to be found all in one hole were actually dug from a confederate graveyard. Has anyone else heard this and is it true? Unheard that the fella is facing serious jail time and in my opinion if this is true he deserves it. Its crap like this that ruins it for all of us. I actually have not seen the story printed any where but thought I would ask to see if its true.

Ill Digger
03-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Nope. :dontknow: This is the first I've heard of it. :thinkingabout:
Have you tried Snoops yet?
I agree if it's true...he deserves the Max! :beatdown:

Tony Two-Cent
03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
I have no idea if the rumor is true, but it surely would have been reported in the press if it was.

It reminds me of a short story that I read recently entitled &quot:grin:ead Confederates by a writer named Ron Rash from his book of short stories called Burning Bright. It's a fictional story about two shady men who make a living from robbing the graves of confederate soldiers. Since most soldiers were buried in uniform, they would steal the buckles, buttons, swords, etc. and sell them. I won't tell you how the story ends in case you want to read it someday, but let's just say that the graverobbers got their just desserts.

So those kinds of stories are out there, whether in fictionalized form or supposedly true rumors. Let's hope that there isn't any truth to them.

POKIE73
03-20-2013, 04:30 PM
if i remember my history right they were called carpetbaggers they would go to the battlefield and take stuff off the dead solldeirs sounds as bad as that it would take a lot of nerve to do something like that makes you wonder dennis

RobW
03-21-2013, 07:57 AM
No, carpetbaggers is a more of a political term referring to the Yankee's who came down south to organize the black political movement right after the Civil War, during so called Re-Construction They werre called Carpet Baggers because their luggage was made from carpet scraps.

tanacat
03-21-2013, 10:48 AM
It reminds me of a short story that I read recently entitled &quot:grin:ead Confederates by a writer named Ron Rash from his book of short stories called Burning Bright. It's a fictional story about two shady men who make a living from robbing the graves of confederate soldiers. Since most soldiers were buried in uniform, they would steal the buckles, buttons, swords, etc. and sell them. I won't tell you how the story ends in case you want to read it someday, but let's just say that the graverobbers got their just desserts.

Thanks Tony- I'm gonna check it out thumbsup01 (literally- if they have it at our library lol )