PDA

View Full Version : Persistence pays off

Dr.Tones
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Not every day can be a HUGE success but it's important to stick to your guns. Remember... It's all for fun. Thanks for watching! Don't forget to like and subscribe

Dirt Fishin America Episode 4: Metal Detecting for treasure, coins and relics. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw_jP77-OKs#ws)

aloldstuff
03-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Nice video. You are so right, the KEY to metal detecting is not always what you find but who you find it with.

del
03-21-2013, 02:55 AM
you do a nice job on the videos Dr.Tones |:cheering:

Sal66
03-21-2013, 06:19 AM
That was good little video and very true about who you detect with . I think Dan can back me up on this statement since we have detected for many years. I have an enormous amount of stories I can recount and with the stories, I can remember a lot of what we found on most of our hunts not to mention the funny times we have had. For example, I remember when we were detecting a site an some lady drove by yelling that we were stealing from the property. rofl Another funny time was when I left my hat on the hood of his truck and watched it fly off in the road. One of the funniest stories was when we were looking for a Cellar Hole near two streets . One was called Lipps Rd. and the other was called Krapf Rd. I remember we were laughing saying It's on Lipps Rd., no it's on Kraps Rd. and then I was saying Crappy Lipps Rd. . You had to be there it was hilarious. I remember we had another partner and we all were wearing fly nets. I accidently spit forgetting I had it on and kept quiet so no one would laugh at me, then Chris, our other friend at the time looked at me and said Have you spit into your net yet forgetting we had them on. I just started laughing because we both did the same thing. It's one of those you had to be there moments.
So, yeah it's rare when you can pair up with someone and just have a ball detecting together . The finds are important but sharing experiences bad or good will leave you with a life time full of stories . When I said bad I didn't mean fights. I meant things like running back to the truck in a lightening storm or finding out your Hotspot is not accessible because of flooding or fallen trees.
That's it for now. Thanks Dan for all the great experiences and I look forward to many more. Oh, one last thing. As you saw in the Video there were about what 4 guys. I feel it's always easier to get permission solo or with just one other person. The worst thing you want to do is scare the landowner and lose your opportunity to hunt.
Take Care. Sal

Dr.Tones
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Sal- it's all about the adventure! You're absolutely right. You're also correct when you say it's easier obtain permission with fewer people. It's a hard sell when you have a group of dudes with shovels :bananadance:

starman2
03-23-2013, 01:43 PM
:congrats: And a |:cheering:. On the latest episode of Dr. Tones. Gitr Dug! Great video! Sometimes it's fun just watchin ya dig. Too bad about the site you got kicked out of :(. Keep em comin! I need something to get me by until the ground thaws.