PDA

View Full Version : 14k white gold bracelet.

DIGGER27
03-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Found this last Friday when it got nice and up to about 80 degrees.
Now it got cold again and we are expecting a lot more snow so I am down in the dumps.
Will winter never end?

I will post this to relive past glories and in an effort to get me through till the real spring shows up.

This was at a new park for me, a great place that I am not sure has been hunted much due to the huge amount of high tones I was getting.
Even if someone came here to cherry pick surely they would have gotten a bunch of these, but there is also a huge amount of trash here so maybe most just avoid this place.
Trashy sites are my specialty, and I love hunting them with sniper coils and have found some of my best treasure at places like these because I have the patience to work them.

I will show a pic of all the clad I dug, most of that were those high tones I mentioned, including mostly copper pennies in that huge amount you see, and that is unusual for me to find that many and so few zincolns at any site I have ever hunted.
The few zincolns I did find were mostly in that tot lot so like I said...very unusual.

The objective was to find a silver ring, my first of the year because I am way behind in that area for this year, so this was a great place to do it.

I was there for hours, mostly hunting around one of my favorite places a large basketball court, but also a tot lot and a picnic pavilion area was hunted a bit.
I not only found all those high tone coins but this place had an unusual amount of those stupid high tone pop tops and large screw on tops that sound so good, so at the end of several hours I was tired...real tired and decided to pack it in.
I had to go back to that basketball court just one more time with the little amount of energy I had left because after all that hunting I had still not found my silver ring.

I was searching the area behind one of the goals when I came across a 32 signal on my F2.
I had dug a few of these that day and all of them were can slaw or sta-tabs, but my greatest find so far was a white gold and diamond ring I found in January that won the best jewelry award here for that month which was also a 32, and this was a real nice sounding solid tone so I had to dig it, tired or not.
I opened up a small hole and saw the end of a silver chain inside and it was no ring but it still made me happy.
I pulled it out and looked closer and thought it really doesn't look like the shiny silver chains I have found in the past and when I looked at one of the clasps I realized why.

14k Italy was stamped on it and my knees buckled for a second because of the shock!

It wasn't the silver ring I was aiming for that day, but somehow, and for some reason I still left that site a very happy guy...and with 5.6 grams of some golden goodness!

aloldstuff
03-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Way to use that sniper coil. Very nice bracelet, sure beats a silver ring.

nicklehead
03-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Keep the knee bucklling under control until you have the bling tested. I found two chains of similar appearence this month , one was 24 long . Both had the same 14k Italy on the clasp and both tested as junk

DIGGER27
03-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Non magnetic, came out super clean and pretty high quality looking in the design links, but I have an acid test on order so I will find out for sure.
I am pretty sure this is white gold with the rhodium plating worn off...but we will see.

starman2
03-23-2013, 12:53 PM
:perfect10:!! Super Hunt! And nice finds! I also hope your braclet is gold. I too found one once. Same 14K on the clasp. Only mine didn't say Italy on it. So maybe you will be luckier then I. :crossfingers: I hope you found Gold! I think the Jewerly stores pull this stuff. It says 14K, But I even tested the clasp on mine. And that was junk too. Good Luck my friend! And a super spring hunt anyway! Signed: Going :bananadance: in lower Mich. :frozen: :hairpulling: >:\!!!!

DIGGER27
03-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Gold or not I had a great hunt and a great time and barely touched the surface of what is there.
I will be back here again, and I am looking forward to it, too!

nicklehead
03-23-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm not trying to diss your find at all digger--I hope it's gold as well. You're right in that the enjoyment is what it's all about. I hoped mine were gold but wasn't that lucky then about a week later found 2 gold and 2 silver rings on the same day--one a white gold 14k Camelot band :happy: My buddy found a Rolex Oyster perpetual one day and we even called my wife to give us some info off the net to identify and price it before we went to the metals exchange to find out what it was worth. We had a ball then found it was made in Korea crying01

You mentioned you have an acid test kit on order. Where did you order it from? I see them on e-bay but never heard if they were any good or not.

DIGGER27
03-23-2013, 03:55 PM
No, you're right.
Nothing is 100% till it's tested.

I heard this kit is good.
I would rather buy a kit local but they are hard to find.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VEG5T0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HZMOI7F EJLX4

PL8MAN
03-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Sweet hunk of gold ! thumbsup01

CODY
03-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Very nice! Congrats on the gold.