PDA

View Full Version : Finds from Ukraine - today. (Beach, - 4, and a strong wind)

serega
03-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Hi friends. :yes:
This morning started blowing cold north wind and the water is gone ...
I was already on the beach at 9 am ...
I started hunting, but the wind kept me from hunting ....
I changed the place and started hunting on the land ...
2 hours of hunting on land, I found one Roman and one Soviet coin ... :-\
But hunting little and I decided to go back to the beach ....
A heavy wind and very cold .... brrrr !!! brrrr !! :-\
But I searched and dug frozen shore ....
At lunch I found on the shore of a frog ... Frog crawled to the shore of the cold water (there formed ice)
Her eyes were red and she probably will died from the cold ... :blackeye:
I carried her to the shore in the warm grass and shrubs, and I think it is better,
After that I went on the hunt.
I found a few coins ....
Last signal pleased. I found gold ...
Unfortunately the coin is not in the best condition intact. But the gold makes me happy :happy: ... I think it's brought me a frog, for saving her from the cold ...

del
03-23-2013, 05:23 PM
you found a very good reward for braving the cold and strong winds Serega :yes: and yeah i bet the lucky frog pointed you to the gold :smitten: great looking ring :loveit: :perfect10: do you use or have a website that helps you figure out which Roman , greek or other ancient coin you find ??

Dan

serega
03-23-2013, 05:33 PM
you found a very good reward for braving the cold and strong winds Serega :yes: and yeah i bet the lucky frog pointed you to the gold :smitten: great looking ring :loveit: :perfect10: do you use or have a website that helps you figure out which Roman , greek or other ancient coin you find ??

Dan

Hi Del friend
Greek coins (northern Black Sea) I know. In the place where I live a few dozen types of coins of Greece ... Roman helped me to identify each. This Roman ace (Close nominal 10 grams)
Yes, it gave me a frog ring
Tomorrow I hope to get her a gold necklace with diamonds, but I think this frog is no stingy and will give it to me - soon.
In the place where I live near the city were two 3-5 century BC ... This Tira and Nikoniy ...
There is still a small number of modern urban settlement (Ovidiopol)
It is 6 miles from my house.
This little town has more than 3000 years. There are a number of stone tools and axes of wild people. Is the exact place where they lived - but the metal does not react to stone objects
Roman coins is 99% lost Roman soldiers.
In Tirana (near my house), they had a garrison of 2,000 soldiers ... They also loved going to the beach and there I sometimes find Roman coins ... The Romans controlled the port city of Tyre - from raiding local tribes Sarmatians

aloldstuff
03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
:congrats: on braving the cold and the winds. Very nice that you thought enough of the frog to help it out. Reading your response to Del and finding out that 2000 roman soldiers were stationed where you live was great. Looking forward to more posts.

Tony Two-Cent
03-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Great story and terrific finds, Serega! :clapping:

Congrats on the ancient coins and the nice gold ring! <:

Brrr, it makes me cold just reading your post! :frozen:

:congrats:

Rob L
03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Your finds are always great, as is your posts. Do you ever see any other detectorist out there? It looks like you have some great places to hunt. :congrats:

serega
03-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Your finds are always great, as is your posts. Do you ever see any other detectorist out there? It looks like you have some great places to hunt. :congrats:

3 years here I've seen people with a metal detector 2 times :detecting: :detecting:
They were there by chance, but there is Beger rocks and some sand.
Not everyone likes to dig stones and therefore mnya no competitors. + My hunting areas far away from the big city <}

tanacat
03-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks so much for sharing your adventures and pics! Nice that you have no competition out there |:cheering:

It's neat to see such unique items. And how you drew them for more detail!

Congrats on the gold ring :perfect10:

pulltabsteve
03-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Nice bunch of finds Serega! I work with 8 or so people from Ukraine. They go back home during the winter months when our golf course is closed. I bring some of my finds in to show them and they are very interested. Of course the 8 feet of snow they get deters them from trying to detect in Ukraine during the winter months. They showed me some pictures of this past winter. Driving down the road looked like a tunnel with 8 foot mountains of snow on both sides!

serega
03-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Nice bunch of finds Serega! I work with 8 or so people from Ukraine. They go back home during the winter months when our golf course is closed. I bring some of my finds in to show them and they are very interested. Of course the 8 feet of snow they get deters them from trying to detect in Ukraine during the winter months. They showed me some pictures of this past winter. Driving down the road looked like a tunnel with 8 foot mountains of snow on both sides!

Oh yeah ... Sometimes the snow is long and the roads are like tunnels ...
But in Ukraine relatively little snow .... But in Russia - a lot ....
I was visiting my brother a few years ago, the city of Murmansk (Russia)
I was in shock, -43 Celsius and snow meter ... :frozen:
But of course more .... There was periud -20 Celsius in the winter ... i see girl walking down the street and ate ice cream :-> ... A ha ha ha :hysterical:
Can you imagine? ate ice cream - 20 degrees Celsius ? This can be seen only in Russia <}

starman2
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
:congrats: On finding the Gold! Some other nice keepers too! Should have taken photo of frozen frog. lol WTG!!

leslie(nova scotia)
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....sweet finds and your talent as an artist is showing through! <;)

Cheap Thrills
03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Nice coin finds Serega and the Gold ring is beautiful .I am glad that you draw the visual aids so we can get a better idea of what the coins are .