PDA

View Full Version : 7TH LARGE COPPER OF THE YEAR*HUNT WITH THILTZY

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Me & Todd (Thiltzy) took a long drive to the other side of the state and hit a new cellar hole.a toasted King George III,a 1862 IH,a few buttons,
a Escutcheon plate,the tiniest thimble i've ever dug & a cool brass & iron lock.the keyhole cover still swivels.watch it you woods hunters ..them darn ticks are out already!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Dan what is this round thing?

Thiltzy
03-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Great pic of us walking down the old road Dave :clapping: Too bad the KG III was toast but the relics cleaned up nice. Not a bad hunt thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Great pic of us walking down the old road Dave :clapping: Too bad the KG III was toast but the relics cleaned up nice. Not a bad hunt thumbsup01

yeah we've had worse days.was enjoyable but not many targets for 3 cellar holes.definitly been hit before

Tony Two-Cent
03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Nice bunch of finds, Dave!

That thimble is tiny, isn't it?

Nice variety of colonial goodies. I've still never found a fatty indian head. It probably seems like a modern coin to a colonial cellar hole hunter.

Good job rescuing those old coins and relics! |:cheering:

del
03-23-2013, 11:20 PM
hey great hunt Davey :yes: the copper looks like it could be a counterfiet type (most George III or 1770's were) but it looks too far gone to get an accurate id :dontknow: the patterned buttons are great :smitten: :smitten: . the mystery round thing is unusual and to me is still a mystery lol lol must of sounded nice though huh :yes: congrats

Sal66
03-24-2013, 12:48 AM
:( Don't even mention Ticks . That's my Worst 5 letter word . The woods look clear of snow anyway. Was that the East side or West side of CT ? Sometimes there's no snow here in Enfield and when you drive to another town there's still snow on the ground .
A couple weeks or so and I'll head out again. Hopefully to a non-tick area.

Congrats's on a great season already !!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
hey great hunt Davey :yes: the copper looks like it could be a counterfiet type (most George III or 1770's were) but it looks too far gone to get an accurate id :dontknow: the patterned buttons are great :smitten: :smitten: . the mystery round thing is unusual and to me is still a mystery lol lol must of sounded nice though huh :yes: congrats

thanks Dan,The KG rang very high 74-78 on the VDI..i thought counterfiets rang low?

aloldstuff
03-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Dave, nice finds again. I am pretty sure that the round thing is a clock pendulum. The small round thing could be screwed up or down depending on if the clock needed to go faster or slower. :congrats: on another copper

tanacat
03-24-2013, 07:57 AM
:happydance01: Great assortment Dave! Love the pics as usual :perfect10:

The mystery round thing is a lock that was picked with a bent paperclip, of course! lol

wild willy
03-25-2013, 04:33 AM
yep i think its a clock pendulum! willy