PDA

View Full Version : Managed some keepers today before the big snow storm...

Tony Two-Cent
03-23-2013, 08:32 PM
What a beautiful spring day it was today! Sunny and in the upper 40s. It was such a gorgeous day, it's hard to believe that they're predicting 6-8 of snow for us tonight and tomorrow.

I wanted to get in a full day's hunt before the snow came, so I headed back to the same town I hunted last weekend. Again today I managed to find a few keepers. I was glad to get a war nickel, I have been really struggling to find them.

Here are my finds for today:

And here are the keepers:

I also found some moderately interesting relics today.

These Crystal White soap tokens are a relatively common find. This one cleaned up nicely.

I'm clueless about buttons, so I don't know if this one is old or not. The back must be iron, it is really rusted.

I thought this little pin was neat.

Silver plated mouthpiece for a trumpet.

Now I can sit back and relax and wait for the snow to come! :crying02:

Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :beerbuddy:

del
03-23-2013, 08:48 PM
very nice hunt Tony , congrats on the older coins and silver :cheering: cool relics , some musician was bummin when they lost their mouth piece ;) the eagle with anchor button looks to be a copy of a Navy button , they were hugely popular and used for civilian dress attire in the early and mid 1900's. hey i hope your weathermen are as wrong as ours and you get a lot less or no snow at all my friend.

Dan

Epi-hunter
03-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Nice finds, Tony. :)

What is that thing in the middle right? Looks like a miniature trombone, almost. Or maybe I just have instruments on the brain after seeing the nice silver trumpet mouthpiece.

I have decided that no one actually received the free extra cake of Palmolive soap, because apparently everyone who received the token decided to throw it somewhere in the grass instead. lol

Thiltzy
03-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Another great hunt from Tony. You never let us down and i like the Class of 40 find(very cool). I must say tony, your macro pictures are unbelievable, they are so crisp :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
What is that thing in the middle right? Looks like a miniature trombone, almost. Or maybe I just have instruments on the brain after seeing the nice silver trumpet mouthpiece.

That one is a real mystery. I definitely think that it is a miniature musical instrument of some kind. You can see the valves and the bell of the instrument. Unfortunately it's broken, what ever it is.

JdsCoins
03-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Great hunt Tony! You always seem to find a superb variety of coins & unique items. :grin: And congrats on breaking the war nickel drought! thumbsup01

serega
03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Tony hi :yes:
Where you always find so many coins? :drool:
You rob banks ? :pirate:

liberty 1952 sooooo coooolll :smitten:

skribnodsister
03-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Very nice hunt Tony! That little class of 40's pin is pretty cool. Congrats on the Silver and IH. :peace:

pulltabsteve
03-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Great pictures and finds Tony. Love the soap token. Hope you don't get hammered too hard by the snow.

aloldstuff
03-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Glad to see that you took advantage of the weather. Another nice hunt with some great keepers. :congrats: on your silvers especially the war nickle. can't remember the last ime I found one. That class of 40 pin is awesome. If you get some snow hope it melts quickly.

Tony Two-Cent
03-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like the weather man was right this time. Hard to believe there were kids playing in the park yesterday wearing shorts and t-shirts, and there were bees buzzing around!

Here is a photo taken 5 minutes ago looking out our back door:

AmxFred
03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Another great hunt. Congratulations! :perfect10:

POKIE73
03-25-2013, 05:37 AM
congrats on all your finds that last picture looking out of your house is starting to look all too famiilar i wonder is spring ever going to stay again congrats on getting in a hunt dennis

starman2
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
:perfect10:!! Awesome hunt Tony! You never fail to find the goods. :detecting: Sorry about the snow storm. It missed us here in Mich. Thank goodness! Woke up to a bare ground this morning. <: Supposed to be in the 40's all week. And maybe 50 this weekend. Hope that will get the ground thawing. It's been so cold at night. The day time highs just don't seem to effect the ground ice. WTG on another successful hunt. |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm glad I got that all-day hunt in on Saturday, we ended up getting 12 of white stuff.

Not only that, but I decided to take a real quick trip to town during the snowstorm and some halfwit blew through a stop sign and crashed into my car. >:#

Other than that it was a terrific day. :hairpulling: lol

AmxFred
03-25-2013, 06:25 PM
:wow: Now you got all the snow and we don't have any. This is getting weird! :confused:

jkress
03-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Wow... some real beauties here Tony. :clapping: Love the silver. :smitten:

We are still in frozen ground here, but not for much longer. :happydance01: We have tentative plans to get out on this coming Friday.

Sorry to hear about the snow dump you received. We had only about an inch over the weekend. That inch better be the last until December. >:/

Congrats on a very successful hunt. :beerbuddy: But a true bummer with the guy that ran through the stop sign. >:/

CODY
03-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Nice finds Tony! Great hunt in anybodies book. Thats a nice picture of your yard. :frozen: :frozen: :frozen:. Sorry bout the car. No one hurt? Thats good! Congrats on the finds.

Ill Digger
03-25-2013, 11:35 PM
:shocked04: Whoa!! Look at all that snow!! :omg:
:confused: That's wierd.... usually we get all the snow and your spared :dontknow:
Don't matter anyways \:[ The ground is still hard as coconuts here anyways. >{ crying01
At least you were able to get out and grab a nice handful of keepers |:cheering: before the bomb hit. :frozen:
Congrats! :grin:

Sorry to hear (and see lol ) about your car. :-\. That stinks :thumbsdown:

Tony Two-Cent
03-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Nobody hurt in the crash, thankfully. It was definitely the other guy's fault and he got a ticket. I thought we were going to have a scene, as the other driver got into a heated argument with the cop and the cop threatened to take him to jail. Then the other guy refused to sign the ticket. I'm not sure what he was arguing about, he clearly blew through the stop sign. He didn't stop at the sign and then pull out in front of me, he just never stopped at all. I didn't have a stop sign, I was on a through street.

The damage to my car doesn't look too bad, but unfortunately the grill and bumper support were driven back into the radiator and punctured it, so the car isn't driveable. All of the coolant leaked out into the street. I'm supposed to be getting a rental car around noon today so I can get to work.