PDA

View Full Version : Silvers - IH's - Wheats - Ring

aloldstuff
03-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Rob and I hit up some parks today. The 1st one that we actually stopped and hunted is the same park that I found the Seated dime in. This time around I got 2 IH's, a 1883 and a 1905. Also got 3 wheats and a ring. Now this ring has two incised marks, one being 18 and the other a crown. If anybody knows what these marks are please chime in. The ring definately does not look gold.

The last park we hit up was the one where Rob got himself a LC and Barber dime last time there, while I only got some clad. This time around I ran in Hi-Trash program and did much better. Got another 3 wheats and a 1939 Wash quarter and a 1943 merc.

I had to add better picture of the IH's, Rob shamed me into it.

Thanks for reading.

Tony Two-Cent
03-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Great finds, Al! That 1939 quarter must have been brand new when it was dropped. So often the ones form the 30s are really worn.

The ring looks like it might be gold plated. I don't know what the markings mean.

Congrats on the successful hunt! :clapping:

AmxFred
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Very nice! I really like the condition of that quarter. :wow:

z118
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Nice digs! Two silvers is a good day. Not sure about the ring... if it were 18k I don't think it would tarnish like that. I think Tony may be correct about it being plated.

RobW
03-25-2013, 09:10 AM
I must be rubbing off on you...your pics are as bad as mine :hysterical:

You kicked my rear end yesterday :blackeye:...you were defiantly in the zone That first park really likes you..at least I found 1 good keeper for the day..so I made a showing.

Great detecting!

aloldstuff
03-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I must be rubbing off on you...your pics are as bad as mine :hysterical:

You kicked my rear end yesterday :blackeye:...you were defiantly in the zone That first park really likes you..at least I found 1 good keeper for the day..so I made a showing.

Great detecting!

Yeah, i was having a tough time with my camera. I actually had to rewrite the post 3 times as my pictures were to big so I was just happy to have any pics. Where's your post with that wonderful V?

starman2
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
:congrats: on all the great finds! I also think the ring is gold plated. If it were not. It would not be so oxidized. I found a 18K once. Turned out to be junk. The 39 Q is a beaut. WTG!!

CODY
03-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Great finds Al. Least ya'll are getting out swinging. Congrats!