PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL SHOE & KNEE BUCKLE*NEED HELP WITH ID OF A CHAIN

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Got out with Todd (Thiltzy) again today.went back to a few of my sites.Got a colonial shoe buckle & knee buckle frames,a musketball,and this cool chain like thing that had a lock on it with a name & adress of company?.there was thin leather in the hole with it.No clue what this could have been? if anyone knows,please feel free to tell me

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
more pics

Thiltzy
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Its a chasity belt!!!

Tony Two-Cent
03-24-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't know what that chain is but it's cool as heck! The script on it definitely looks old. How cool that it has a little padlock on it.

You know, it sounds goofy, but I wonder if Todd isn't right about it being a chastity belt?

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Its a chasity belt!!!

it may be! lol :hysterical:

aloldstuff
03-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Dave, very nice huge crotal bell also. Now if that chain is a chasity belt, looks like someone didn't wait for the key rofl..... the script writing is really cool.

chief5709
03-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Awesome colonial hunt!!! not sure what the chain is :perfect10:

foundation hunter
03-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Dave heres the,whats looks to be a watchband with someones id on it,just like yours.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Dave heres the,whats looks to be a watchband with someones id on it,just like yours.

thanks Gary,kinda long to be a watch band.did you ever research your name on the band?

foundation hunter
03-25-2013, 08:03 AM
I tryed no luck,you can see that something attatched to the center i though maby a watch.

chief5709
03-25-2013, 08:43 AM
has anyone googled colonial chastity belt :shocked03:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
has anyone googled colonial chastity belt :shocked03:

i did..nothing. i think this is more late 1800's-early 1900's

chief5709
03-25-2013, 04:20 PM
I mean the photos...

OxShoeDrew
03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I agree with Al, sweet crotal!

Sal66
03-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, if there's a lock on that chain then its definitely not a piece of jewelry . You think it's some kind of restraining device like old handcuffs. How long is the chain and do you think its all there ? If not Handcuffs then maybe just a fence chain?
That's all I got until We can find something out on that name if it's a company. I'll give it a shot.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey guys, if there's a lock on that chain then its definitely not a piece of jewelry . You think it's some kind of restraining device like old handcuffs. How long is the chain and do you think its all there ? If not Handcuffs then maybe just a fence chain?
That's all I got until We can find something out on that name if it's a company. I'll give it a shot.

Sal I think a 2 year old kid could break outta this kind of restraint . it's gotta be some sort of dog collar or something along those lines.

del
03-26-2013, 05:23 PM
its definately an animal or pet collar

Lodge Scent
03-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Nice bunch of finds!

I like that blade thingy......Some folks calls it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade :pirate:

Sal66
03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
:congrats: I strongly feel your right about it being a Dog Collar after doing some . I didn't find any with the lock on the collar but I found a couple with a loop for leash and some kind of adjustment section. It's not exact but has a similar link pattern. I don't know why they would need a lock if it truly is a dog collar unless it's just to prevent the collar from loosening up. This one has holes like a belt and a what appears to be a spring loaded piece to adjust the collar in the correct hole.
As far as the Crotal bell, it really nice and I noticed it has some kind of marking on the bottom. What does it say? There's a website like the Button back mark site that list makers and styles. I don't remember the website, but if you get a maker's name I might be able to look it up. Your lucky because I've seen a lot of dug bells and most of them are plain or ornate but broken.
Congrat's Again Guy's.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-27-2013, 06:06 AM
:congrats: I strongly feel your right about it being a Dog Collar after doing some . I didn't find any with the lock on the collar but I found a couple with a loop for leash and some kind of adjustment section. It's not exact but has a similar link pattern. I don't know why they would need a lock if it truly is a dog collar unless it's just to prevent the collar from loosening up. This one has holes like a belt and a what appears to be a spring loaded piece to adjust the collar in the correct hole.
As far as the Crotal bell, it really nice and I noticed it has some kind of marking on the bottom. What does it say? There's a website like the Button back mark site that list makers and styles. I don't remember the website, but if you get a maker's name I might be able to look it up. Your lucky because I've seen a lot of dug bells and most of them are plain or ornate but broken.
Congrat's Again Guy's.

thanks Sal! this crotal bell is broke.its only half in my hand.has a letter S on bottom