PDA

View Full Version : GOLD & SILVERS

whydah
03-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Went back to old faithful yesterday ( the cut ) and more silver was there within just a few swings.... My first coin of the day was a Mercury dime 1923... So i was pumped rite from the get go..Dosn't take much...a few clad here and there and then and Indian Head or two... I got a nice high pitch but very very quiet whisper...It was telling me to dig, so I did, and I popped out a nice antique Sterling Shield Ring...Then more silver to add to the days finds I got a Nice Walking Liberty Half Dollar, I think this makes 11 for the season already... then 3 more Mercs in a row...It was a nice little spot someone had missed....My friend called my name and when I turned around, I had another signal, and this time GOLD came from that hole... A nice fat Wedding Band marked 14 K... I also got four barber dimes, and a V nicknel... I got myself into an area that held many musket balls and bullets to... not to sure how people missed so many .......There is still more there... I will be hunting it till it sands back in... Low & Slow was the key to this hunt... & don't worry about what everyone else is digging... It will drive you nuts... Happy Hunting and thanks for looking... :pirate:

aloldstuff
03-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Great hunt. 11 1/2's already is amazing. Do these coins clean up nice? :congrats: on all those keepers, especially the gold.

whydah
03-26-2013, 05:55 AM
I don't clean to many coins, I never have.... The nor easters we have benn having lately has been the reason for all the new stuff out in the cuts lately... The Gold is perfect as the day it was lost... I display it till I sell it all off...