PDA

View Full Version : Sun Ray X-1 Probe for Minelab to be discontinued

jkress
03-25-2013, 10:33 PM
I happened across a conversation regarding the Sun Ray X-1 probe earlier today.

It was asked if the rumor was true about the discontinuation of the X-1 probe for Minelab?

Ralph of Sun Ray responded on March 22 of 2013...
That is true. Minelab has raised the price of the upper shafts to the point that we would have to charge over $250.00 for the completed X-1 probe. Add to that, that our production costs and parts have also increased and we have been absorbing those costs for a couple of years now. With reduced demand we can no longer purchase parts in the volume that we used to, further increasing our costs. We will continue to honor warranty and other repairs as we are reserving replacement parts for that purpose.

Ralph (Sun Ray)
Sun Ray Detector Electronics

Get this great product while you can and cherish if you have it already. thumbsup01

chief5709
03-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Yup, one my best accessory purchases!

POKIE73
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
boy that gonna make it tough i would not want to be without mine its too bad they will not be offered dennis

midas
04-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Ralph of Sun Ray responded on March 22 of 2013...
That is true. Minelab has raised the price of the upper shafts to the point that we would have to charge over $250.00 for the completed X-1 probe.
Sun Ray Detector Electronics

Sadly, Minelab GREED drives out another terrific third party manufacturer. First with the custom chips, now with their exhorbitant price increases. :blackeye: >8) crying01