PDA

View Full Version : Find of a Life Time!

RobW
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Sunday, Al and I headed off....we drove about 45 min to a spot we wanted to hit only to find it covered still in snow >:#

So we drove south to a park that HE had some success at previously this year...again, the dirt fairies blessed him :angelic:...I managed a really nice 1888 Liberty nickel..that he literally missed...we were working a criss cross pattern..he would be going N/S me, E/W...he got a find, moved forward about 4 steps when I crossed his path, and nailed the V nickel about 6 inches from his hole...as I was digging, I was saying, I have a solid nickel hit, I'm going to laugh my %^& off if it's a buffalo! lol...I was more please to find a really nice V nickel

Then we made off for another location, where I made the find of a lifetime....while it may not be much.......We were working a small park, I got a hit, looked down and saw a coin spill on top of the ground...it appeared to be all modern, recently dropped...then I noticed :shocked03:...what I thought was a dime was a 1943 steel :happydance01:...(te pic below is of the whole spill...to me it still counts as a detecting find and one that I can scratch off my list of things to find. Cause we all know we aren't digging those signals. Other than that, I made no other finds in that park...but Al scored his 2 silvers there...he kicked my butt that day :blackeye:

aloldstuff
03-26-2013, 08:51 AM
I have come to the conclusion that when I run in Hi-trash program nickle are missed. That V that Rob got was excellent, not your typical corroded V, but then how could you really tell from his pictures...... :poke: rofl.

It was a nice day to go detecting and even though we are in some rough neighborhoods it seems that we have been accepted.

If you had read my post from that day Rob made mention of my picture taking ability was on his par. I had to retake the picture of the IH's just so I would not be classified with Rob in the same way..... :poke:

RobW
03-26-2013, 08:59 AM
There is something about the ground there...even your Indians came out better than normal condition...wish more finds were in that kind of condition :yes:

CODY
03-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a fun day. Congrats on the finds.

skribnodsister
03-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Very nice finds Rob! Congrats on your coin spill, and Congrats on the V Nickel :peace: