PDA

View Full Version : Virtual visit to the Scythian burial mound (burial place)

serega
03-28-2013, 03:50 AM
Hi friends.
In this topic, I will not dig coins or artifacts ...
Today we will go on an excursion to the south of Ukraine ...
Our goal - examination of a Scythian burial mound ...
Mound is a large mound of earth - the grave ....
In 3-5 century BC buried so rich people (rich people elders)
When a person dies, people dug him a hole 3 or 4 meters deep ... In pit lozhili corpse, and with it the dishes and decorations ... Then people were hand-ground, a lot of ground and covered the grave ... large pile of earth ...
But even in those days, many of these mounds - were robbed ... People looking for there gold and silver ....
Many mounds were robbed in the 19th century, and now it sometimes goes ...
Yesterday I went to the mound, and made a few photos ... Dig there stop !!! by laws of Ukraine and moral principles (the grave)
But I detector, which would look far from the place ...

serega
03-28-2013, 03:52 AM
I go to the mound ... It is located 1 mile from my house ... I go to the steppe to the north.

serega
03-28-2013, 04:01 AM
This mound - the grave
Here what that person is buried about 2300-2400 years ago ... Finds that I have had in place of the old Scythian settlement refer to this date
Here is the mound from a distance of 20 meters .. A very large pile of earth
Mound - a monument of architecture and heritage history of Ukraine. In Ukraine, there are thousands of such sites with mounds

serega
03-28-2013, 04:10 AM
You can not dig the mound and dig there at all ... Distance to dig - 50 meters

I stop detector and Be it going to the top of the mound, I have to bring only the camera ..
If you are caught on the mound with a shovel and detector - will problemma ...
1) Major penalty \:hammer:
2) The possible prison sentence :beatdown:
3) Yous can beat the locals :blackeye:
In the end, it is necessary to have the grave and just respect for the dead

serega
03-28-2013, 04:15 AM
We are standing at the top of the mound ... Height of 4 meters of land

serega
03-28-2013, 04:29 AM
Note the trenches ...
In autumn 1941, this part of the territory was between 3 and 2 line of defense of Odessa ...
On the mound of red armiii soldiers dug trenches ... Now you can see the structure of the trenches
The trenches dug in all directions in preparation for perimeter defense ... The steppe is very stronger fire position.
According to local residents, the area was attacked by the Romanian army, and after that - the territory of the village and surroundings cleared the soldiers of the German SS.

serega
03-28-2013, 04:39 AM
I leave the mound and go west from him ... I walk 300 meters and cook detector ..
There is not a good place and few coins, but I have hope :dontknow:

serega
03-28-2013, 04:41 AM
Need to take a break. Cola good boosts energy in the cold -3 :yes:

serega
03-28-2013, 04:43 AM
Previously, there were fields and now a lot of different waste iron ... But the big trash. :detecting:

Usually it or tractor parts or pieces of exploded bombs or shells

serega
03-28-2013, 04:52 AM
I dropped my headphones and fixing broken ... It is a pity Now they need repair \:[
Dear Chinese <} ,,, If you are reading this - please make headphones better quality. Tired of your finger trouble :beatdown:

serega
03-28-2013, 05:00 AM
Continue to dig for another 1 hour, but today no lucky (no coins) and only metal .. I've been digging a lot of piece

serega
03-28-2013, 05:04 AM
I'm going home. No coins, but I do not particularly sought. I just went for 1 hour and did you picture Mound (ancient tomb). For our site -

i go home thumbsup01

aloldstuff
03-28-2013, 07:32 AM
So much history in your area, I love it. Are all the mounds that are in the area burial ones? Maybe next imes you'll get some of those great coins you post up here and not a tank.

Tony Two-Cent
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks for posting this, Serega! It is very interesting. I love to learn about other cultures. Sorry you didn't find any coins. Here in the States all of that scrap iron would be worth some money.

Are you still riding your scooter everywhere? :frozen:

serega
03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
So much history in your area, I love it. Are all the mounds that are in the area burial ones? Maybe next imes you'll get some of those great coins you post up here and not a tank.

Here near my house was 7 barrows (tombs) but this one stayed. The 1 rest were destroyed to clear the fields in the years 1960-70 :dontknow:

serega
03-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks for posting this, Serega! It is very interesting. I love to learn about other cultures. Sorry you didn't find any coins. Here in the States all of that scrap iron would be worth some money.

Are you still riding your scooter everywhere? :frozen:

Hi Tony :yes:
Now I am a hedgehog to the beach on bicycles, but soon I'll bet on it мотор электро 24 or 36 v, a few days I'll order on the internet these devices
Metal yes))) In the photo a small part - the fact that I dig ... :detecting:
Every year I dig the 3 - 4 tons of metal (waste money stupidly <} $$$$$ :rolleyes:)
When it is a lot of good money,

Cheap Thrills
03-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Great post Serega ! Thank you for the great pictures and story my friend .

del
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
hey great tour of your area Serega , I almost feel like i was there with you :yes: my hats off to you for swinging out in that snow covered ground and braving the elements ( :thinkingabout: reminds me of some one lol lol), thanks for the history lesson |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan