PDA

View Full Version : The CUT & ISLAND

whydah
03-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Got to hunt whats left of the cut the other day, not many targets left as everyone has cashed in on it... Word spreads fast up here in the North East when the rocks show themselves....I did manage a few Buffalo Nickels an few silver dimes and a nice little doll house fruit bowl.... My friend & I decided yesterday to give that cut a rest.... We wanted to hunt an island for the past year or so.... I ran into someone who had a boat and owns that property.... We got all our gear and off we went.... Not many targets to start with..... This is the area that holds all the Arrow Heads, Colonial pieces of pottery & Meershaum Pipes and stems.... We were very excited when we were on our way there... But it faded fast when we stepped off the boat.... The Island was sanded and had changed for the bad.... After walking a bit of a distance, I had located an old fishing camp that held some bullets and very old sinkers with a few musket balls mixed in.... We also located what must have been a swimming area, Mostly new (old ) clad coins.......I got a 1942 Washington Quarter an Indian Head penny and a Buffalo Nickel from this area.... No Jewelry all day.... We will give it another go when the weather turns better.... We never did find any Indian Artifacts this time around....next time for sure....Thanks for looking