PDA

View Full Version : Great Fun Today.

OxShoeDrew
03-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Hello Friends, I had so much fun today on my hunt that I had to share it. I usually hit a hay field or some woods for my after school hunts. I start hunting today and the snow is 90% gone, the ground is PERFECT. There is no falsing to speak of. It's warm out and I sense my machine is reaching deep. It was fun just swinging in the field....am I crazy? 10 min into the hunt I get a whisper of a signal that reads 9 inches, high 70s. I was proud that I heard this thing. It turned out to be an indian.
Anyway, two shot gun shells later these two kids come walking across the hay field. They had to walk 150 yards to reach me. The mom is waiting at the edge of the road with a stroller. Turns out the little girl is a first grader and her brother in kindergarten. The kids have no problem striking up a conversation. The little girl asks if I'm treasure hunting and if I found anything. I showed her the IH to which she says, that's made of REAL copper, they don't make those like that anymore. lol.
I told the kids to look at the date (I forget, it was 1880s). The litle girl was stunned that she was holding something so old. I told her to put it in her pocket and clean it when she got home. I'd have thought twice if it was an 1877 lol
We dug a few more holes together as we made our way back to the mom. I hunted for another 20 min and found nothing. It was my most enjoyable hunt without bringing home a keeper.

POKIE73
03-29-2013, 05:51 AM
you may not think you had a keeper but to that little one you may very well have been one yourself the feeling you got from that little gift can last a lifetime i salute you dennis :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

OxShoeDrew
03-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks Dennis, good luck with your season!

pulltabsteve
03-30-2013, 06:08 PM
That's something you both will remember for a long time. Nice job Drew! :clapping:

ion
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
There's nothing like seeing those kids
Faces when you get to give them one of
Your finds. :)

:perfect10:

BKM
04-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Nice interacting with a nice kid isn't it? Far too uncommon as we both know....

Speaking of which, how's vacation week looking for you? Monday or Tuesday would be best for me :detecting:

OxShoeDrew
04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks everyone, Brian, vacation week and mon/tues are as fine as frog hair. Never seen frog hair? Because it's so fine :bananadance: