PDA

View Full Version : Braided Hair Large Cent

KirkPA
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
KKC got out to a new site today. :drool: Kyle did the research and Zeus secured the permission from the nice lady. The day started off nicely with the group finding 2 Colonial buttons in just a few minutes. :smitten: After that, it seemed like a big tease. :crying02: We had visions of Colonial coppers popping out, but it wasn't meant to happen. :ticked: :beatdown:

I can't complain though. rofl I found this nice Braided Hair large cent. thumbsup01 It gave off a bad overload signal. Even though it read up at &quot:grin:shocked04:llar, I wasn't too excited about it. I sure am glad that I dug it out. In the same hole, I pulled a square nail out. I wish I would have gotten that on film as well. :bangahead01: :( The copper isn't Colonial, but this is my first Braided Hair in 4 years. :tongue: :drool: My last one was in 2006. I am happy with it. We dig more Colonial coppers here in PA than we do Braided Hair cents. :grin:

The pioneer settler must have had deep pockets or he was dirt poor. :ticked: Our usual button to copper ratio is 2:1. :drool: I think this site was around 15:1. crying01 :ticked: Next week we will try to gain permission for another field. :drool: :yes: ;)

Keep the passion high! :drool:

Kirk :twirlingeyes:

Braided Hair Large Cent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnKtHmy0yVc#)

del
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM
very sharp looking large cent Kirk , you guys are doing very well . hey our button to copper ratio has to be in the area
around 20 to 1 as most of our sites have been cherry picked , they leave the low conductor targets and miss a few
coins as well . those are some huge fields you guys are hitting , keep up the good work my colonial digging colleague . thumbsup01

KirkPA
04-19-2010, 03:33 PM
very sharp looking large cent Kirk , you guys are doing very well . hey our button to copper ratio has to be in the area
around 20 to 1 as most of our sites have been cherry picked , they leave the low conductor targets and miss a few
coins as well . those are some huge fields you guys are hitting , keep up the good work my colonial digging colleague . thumbsup01

These fields are massive, but only a couple acres around the dwelling area are productive. The rest is just silence. crying01 It sure is beautiful though looking over the countryside. thumbsup01

Kirk

coinnut
04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Nice copper guys. They usually get real green when fertilizer is around lol Great score. Hope there is more for you there. Nothing like seeing that large disc pop out of the ground :yes: The few that read like a dollar were on edge or really angled. Sweet find.

KirkPA
04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Nice copper guys. They usually get real green when fertilizer is around lol Great score. Hope there is more for you there. Nothing like seeing that large disc pop out of the ground :yes: The few that read like a dollar were on edge or really angled. Sweet find.

I almost didn't dig it. It sounded too much like a big piece of iron. That one could still be in the ground. That is scary. rofl

Kirk

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-25-2010, 09:03 AM
she came out nice looking.most of my braided hairs didn't hold up well.congrats!

sjv
04-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Nice! How did you get video on this site. I'd like to do that sometime?