PDA

View Full Version : Been a member awhile but wanted to instroduce myself

CoinHelp
04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
My name is Daniel aka Coinhelp. I don't get much time to post for running my own coin website and forum, but I lurk often after I get the latest newsletter.

I can tell this is a great forum and enjoy all the indepth info on metal detecting. I have metal detected since I was 4 years old, in the 70's, with my dad. He used a Whites. I have an old White's Coin Master 6000Di Series 3.

Anyway, I am now in the market for an upgrade. I am thinking about a Whites V3 and would like an Excelerator coil. I am finding research is more important than the purchase. So I hope I can get some time to ask a few questions and read some info on making the best purchase.

POKIE73
04-01-2013, 07:46 PM
at the preent time i use a e trac but have used whites for the last twenty years or more i would have to say that they are one of the best machines that i know of i too have had a 6000di series 3 before that a 6db and my very first was a 4 db they are a great machine i know just a little about the v3i but i have a freind that has used one and he has made some great finds with it good luck on your choice dennis

CoinHelp
04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks. I have read about the e trac. I think what impresses me the most about the Whites is the excelerator coil. However, it appears that most detectors are good enough but some just have more bells and whistles. So it doesn't make is easy since I want it it all, but know I don't need it, and really think simple and manual might be better since that's where mu experience is.

Mudder
04-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Daniel glad to see you stopped lurking, and decided to join in. Welcome from south Mississippi, and looking forward to your future posts. :clapping: :clapping:

CoinHelp
04-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks. I can't wait to post some finds!

Epi-hunter
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Welcome, and great to see you posting |:cheering:

I know you said you have used White's machines for many years, but given that you may tend to prefer machines without a lot of need for calibrating/adjustments and bells and whistles, have you considered Tesoros? Great reviews, simple machines.

aloldstuff
04-02-2013, 04:42 AM
Welcome from western MA. I run a V3i and find its not to hard to get the hang of it. My hunting partner runs the Etrac. What ever your choice, enjoy it. Looking forward to your future finds.

del
04-02-2013, 06:56 AM
welcome back to the hobby Daniel the machines have certainly come a ways since the heavy blue coinmaster series , i wish you well .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Welcome, Daniel! Glad you came out of hiding! |:cheering:

My first detector was a Whites 5000-D and I'll never forget how heavy it was! :blackeye:

Best of luck with your research on a new machine!

CoinHelp
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks everyone. Yeah, the machines have came a long way. I never stopped reading the reviews or about the technology of the different companies and models.

Fire Fighter 43
04-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us. I had the 6000di series 3 many years ago and the V3i would be a big step up from your current detector. The V3i is a great machine and I'm sure it will serve you well. If your not stuck Whites I would also check out Minelabs detectors specifically the Etrac or CTX 3030. GL and HH

Wisconsin Lockman
04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Welcome Daniel from West Central Wisconsin. I too am a avid Whites man starting with the DB4, 5000D, 6000D Series 2, Eagle II SL 90, DFX, Surfmaster II, Coinmaster, and soon the V3i. I have the 5.3 Eclipse Coil and the 950 on two of my DFX machines. I also have the 12 in. I also own the 4x6 DD Shooter Coil. I will be buying the D2 in the future. The 5.3 is a great coil as is the 4x6 DD in trashy areas and tot lots. Good luck with your finds. Hope to see lots of pictures.

CoinHelp
04-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. I can't wait to see my own finds!

OxShoeDrew
04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. I can't wait to see my own finds!
Won't be long now |:cheering:. Welcome to the group :waving:

CODY
04-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Welcome aboard from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. If you have been detecting that long, you know what you need to know. &quot:beerbuddy:ecome one with your machine, and the force will be with you. Personaly, I use the Fisher F75 Ltd., stright from the box. I'm lucky to get the things turned on. Hahaha. Welcome.