PDA

View Full Version : Easter Trip to New England - Silver & Gold

z118
04-02-2013, 08:55 PM
We headed back to New England this past weekend for Easter with extended family. This of course meant getting in some metal detecting with my dad. We only got out for two hunts, but I was lucky both times.

The first hunt was at an old neighborhood park where I was hopeful for silver but none was found. Instead I was very lucky when a nickel signal proved to be a nice 14K wedding band. The second hunt was at a school where I didn't expect silver but somehow wound up with two Mercs and Rosie. For whatever reason I was getting great depth in this spot - the wheats and silver were all 6-10 deep.

As always it was great to get in some swing time with the old man... having that much fun makes getting back to work that much harder but I suppose it can't be avoided. I'm already counting the days until vacation.

Happy hunting...

Lodge Scent
04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Nice hunt!

JdsCoins
04-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Very nice haul! :) That's quite amusing how you dug 3 silvers and managed to keep them all crammed into a 2 year span. ::huh::

And gotta love the gold! :envious: I've still never found yellow stuff, :-\

Ill Digger
04-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Man ::huh:: .... your Easter trip was better than mine. :envious: lol
Sweet find on the GOLD ring! :peace:
Congrats!! :grin:
You say it was a nickle hit. :thinkingabout: (assuming you were using the ETrac)Do you remember what the Co. number was? 13? 14? 12? :->
I gotta find a little gold this year too. |:confused:)

del
04-03-2013, 03:12 AM
are you showing up the old man again Z , you keep that up and he might stop asking you back up there lol lol rofl

hey i'm glad you two got to spend some good time together and congrats on the ring :smitten:

Dan

aloldstuff
04-03-2013, 04:35 AM
What a great Easter weekend you had. Swing time with Dad and you scored some New England silver and gold. Huge :congrats: on your keepers

POKIE73
04-03-2013, 05:50 AM
:omg: silver gold and some old wheats how much better day could you have congrats on a gret hunt dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

z118
04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
You say it was a nickle hit. :thinkingabout: (assuming you were using the ETrac)Do you remember what the Co. number was? 13? 14? 12? :->

I think it was 12-14, to be honest I was mostly going on the sound and only glanced at the number to make sure they were in the right area. But I've dug gold rings as far down as 12-4 and as high as 12-38 so you never know... those numbers will vary quite a bit based on the size of the ring I think. I just got lucky on this one because it sounded like a nickel. Lord only knows if any of the other junk signals I passed over might have been gold rings too! lol

bob_e99
04-03-2013, 10:35 AM
are you showing up the old man again Z , you keep that up and he might stop asking you back up there lol lol rofl

hey i'm glad you two got to spend some good time together and congrats on the ring :smitten:

Dan

>{ >{ >{

He shows no mercy whatsoever. And it's difficult to detect when someone keeps shoving a silver find in your face every few minutes.

:girlcry:

del
04-03-2013, 01:55 PM
>{ >{ >{

He shows no mercy whatsoever. And it's difficult to detect when someone keeps shoving a silver find in your face every few minutes.

:girlcry:

<} lol rofl hang in there Bob ;)

Tony Two-Cent
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Congrats on the gold ring, silver coins, and quality time with your dad! |:cheering:

ChrisinCT
04-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Nice haul