PDA

View Full Version : Hunted 1750's Home and scored the Holy Grail for the 2nd time this year

Thiltzy
04-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Everyday after work I drive by this very old home that was bulit in 1750. The other day I noticed a crew of contractors working the property so I immediately got off the highway to talk with them. Luck has it that the forman is a customer of mine. Long story short... he gave me permission to hunt the property :detecting:

Conditions were very ruff as the property was absolutley littered with trash and iron. I was pulling up bullet casings everywhere and then I started getting some wheat pennys. Then a few nice green patina objects were finding my coil. Next was a Ulysses Grant Token and then another token that said Lucky Budda.

I kid you not, within 5 mins after the Budda token I got a solid 60 vdi reading on the side of a small hill thats when I pulled up a nice green cloak button that was facing down with a full shank sticking up in the air. When I turned it over, I got a glimpse of what appeared to be a star motiff and I thought...No way!!, it couldn't be another one:huh: Sure enough, I realized that I just found my 2nd George Washington Button in 4 months <: after inspecting it I noticed a ding on the left side and thats when I knew I had hit it with my shovel! Like an idiot I did not pin point the target accuratley and hit it with the shovel :crying02: Learned a valuable lesson to always dig your holes much wider.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-02-2013, 09:07 PM
ouch! >:tongue: :bop: too bad about the ding :hairpulling: :-\ :crying02: it has incredible detail.congrats man!

Lodge Scent
04-02-2013, 09:14 PM
That GW is quite the find !!! Congrats!!!

Thiltzy
04-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Final stage of cleaning and got the v-bend crease straightened

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-03-2013, 07:11 PM
looks great todd,the brass brush and tapping out the ding like i said worked great

del
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
great detail and it still has some gold gilt left on it , a beautiful button Todd :loveit: :smitten: keep hitting that house site there could be more or even state coppers in that area.

Dan

CTX Tom
04-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Flat out fantastic finds!amazing stuff!

chief5709
04-04-2013, 04:41 AM
WoW |:cheering: |:confused:) Awesome! Congrats!!

aloldstuff
04-04-2013, 04:49 AM
:congrats: on another GW. Great that you stopped and got permission. Looks fantastic and I hope there is more for you.

tanacat
04-04-2013, 06:37 AM
::usaflag:: I thought this smiley was appropriate for the occasion

oh and this one too :happy:

It looks amazing- prob best place for the ding because it blends in so well with the wing-tip |:cheering:

Bell-Two
04-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Great prescience on jumping on the opportunity to get in a hunt and aptly rewarded my friend! The button came out nice and your repair was excellent, sort of like the movie actress that has gotten a bit older and has a little work done you may know it but she still looks pretty good! Congratulations on such a stellar feat!

CTCDT
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Nice finds. What luck having someone you know give you the right to dig on a new site.

Tony Two-Cent
04-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Whoa, slow down there cowboy. Leave something for the rest of us! lol

Seriously, Todd, that is awesome beyond words! So cool that you found two Washington Inaugurals in such a short time span! AMAZING!

You did a great job of working out the ding, it looks terrific now! Even has some gilt left on it! :loveit:

:perfect10:

kray
04-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Congratulations, Todd. Two GW's in four months; awesome!

Thiltzy
04-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the encouraging comments |:confused:)

Elad
04-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Wow, you sure have some luck! That button is a beauty. :omg:

OxShoeDrew
04-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Two in a few months.....nice piece of history. Some day I'll grab one :daydream:

fsa46
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Congratulations on your second Washington Inaugural button Todd. Your dedication and tenacity has been paying BIG dividends.

Sal66
04-11-2013, 07:00 AM
:congrats: Todd what I like about yours is you didn't get all panicky and mess it up more. You did an excellent job repairing the curve and not only that but made it look like it blends in nicely. Some people pay good money to repair mistakes like that. I think with the Brass shining through also it gives it some character. GREAT JOB !! Isn't strange that it's always the rare finds that get the shovel. I did that to a Fugio, luckily it was in awful shape. I guess we will see another one in 2 months. LOL

RobW
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
That's it...I'm coming down to CT to detect for now on...... lol

Freakin wicked great find :clapping: |:confused:) :clapping:

I can't believe you found 2 already this year :shocked03:

milco
04-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Congrats on an amazing find!

foundation hunter
04-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Nice job Todd at this rate you have more GWs then Dave by the end of the summer
Gary