PDA

View Full Version : Big Coin My Son Pulled Out With A Big Smile Silver #29 Wheat's Aussie 1917 Penny

bamadigtab
04-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Great Hunt my Son pulled a huge coin out of the ground. :shocked04: Big Coin Penny should have seen the smile.:cheesysmile: It was the Aussie Penny. <: Also got Silver number 29 for the year. I detected he dug. We did it together. Another first 1917 Aussie Penny.:lol: Great coinage finds. Nothing like getting out and doing some MD'ing with my Son. He has learned to dig pinpoint and cover his holes, with little or no impact. :peace: So I'm gonna get him an ace 250 or a fisher F2, after I sell my older MD. Hope we can get a chance to get out again while he is down for spring break. When he pulled that Aussie Half Dollar sized coin, :shocked03: the look on his face was priceless. :loveit: The merc was inside an iron casing, but came in like a strong quarter signal at 4.5 inches. I wanted to keep the merc in the casing but after getting it home the iron became so fragile it broke and fell off. You will have to watch the video to see the coin while still in the iron case. It might have been a piece of jewelry not sure though the iron was so badly deteriorated I really couldn't tell what it was.

Pics and video are below:

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIDEO

[size=24pt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA1-fwN7z9I

del
04-03-2013, 02:11 PM
congrats on the silver and the huge Aussie coin , sounds like you and your son had a great time out :clapping: :clapping:

bamadigtab
04-04-2013, 02:14 AM
congrats on the silver and the huge Aussie coin , sounds like you and your son had a great time out :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks! Yes it was a great day cool breeze and sunny! Wonderful weather. My Son enjoyed pulling such a large coin from the ground. It was about the size of a half dollar. He was totally stoked! ::usaflag::