PDA

View Full Version : 3rd CTX Hunt scores GOLD again...

whydah
04-03-2013, 03:32 PM
:pirate: Went to the cut again today, and when I got there it was 34 degrees, with a wind blowing a stiff 25 mph from the NE... Let's just say it was cold... I had the cut to myself for about an hour then I had company. An old friend, we gave each other the hello sign and he stayed at the southern end, while I stayed at the northern part of the cut... I had already dug a Buffalo Nickel and a Shield Nickel.... But I was after the silver coins, and the GOLD if I could find it.... Still learning the tones on the CTX.... After a while I had 4 Mercury Dimes and what looked like 2 relidgous medals and some type of old medical syringe?... At least thats what it looks like... Ran out of targets out in the small rocks, so I went higher in the sand and banged out 2 Silver Washington Quarters and a Standing Liberty Quarter... As my friend was asking how I was doing, I pulled out a nice walking Liberty Half Dollar rite in front of him... This makes 14 for this season.... Man what a ride so far.... I walked down to where he said he had just gotton a couple silver dimes... My friend had just told me, he gridded the area very well, and wished me luck.... I took his luck and ran with it... I was just going slow, and then a grunt that was tight to a small boulder. I leaned over, and moved it away, so I could get a better stronger signal.... I said to myself this sounds just like a GOLD Ring... but it can't be, he just gridded this spot, 2 scoops down, and out of the hole, staring back at me was a beutiful antique men's 14 K Gold ring, it still has a nice red garnet....I also got a sterling bracelet that was in quite a few pieces..., a sterling ships wheel, a musket ball and some ear rings... A lot of targets up higher for tomorrow.... Happy Hunting....

aloldstuff
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Man, that gold ring screams Art Deco all the way. :congrats: on still being able to find the good stuff and for weathering the cold.

Tony Two-Cent
04-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Another spectacular hunt! Congrats on the silver and gold! :smitten:

The other thing kind of looks like the plug where you let the water out of your boat, but I could be wrong.

tanacat
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
:wow: that's a great assortment! Congrats on a productive and fun hunt!!!

Fire Fighter 43
04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
:wow: Another great hunt, the CTX is working well for you.

Thiltzy
04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
your on fire :clapping: awesome hunt and nice old gold. Your killing it thumbsup01

MickTwin
04-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Beautiful job Whydah ~ YOU really know how to find the booty! :yes:

ejmrods
04-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Love the gold..