PDA

View Full Version : 4-3-13 after work

pulltabsteve
04-03-2013, 09:45 PM
After getting out of work at 2PM today, I wanted to get out and do a little digging. I headed over to an old park I used to go to a lot but haven't been to in at least 6 months. When I pulled into the lot I noticed things looked different than I had remembered. LOTS of trees and briars were gone. I've been going to this place for many years because its such a peaceful place. I posted about it in the past. Revolutionary war history occured here. The pond was supposed to be pumped out and I have permission to hunt it when it is. Unfortunately they haven't received the funding yet.
I started walking around looking at all the new open areas and settled on a spot where all the trees and bushes were removed. I got a decent sounding 12-41 12-43 at 8 and dug out this copper. Its hard to make out any detail but its a good sign of whats been hidden all these years. I gave Mike a call and we will be hitting some of this fresh ground this weekend.

z118
04-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Nice find! Your new spot sound pretty exciting. I've been keeping my eye on a few places my way hoping they will clear out some brush and shrubs. Good luck!

aloldstuff
04-04-2013, 04:43 AM
The new site looks promising. Be looking forward to see what you can pull from there. :congrats: on the copper.

CODY
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Great find. Can't wait to see what else comes out of there.