PDA

View Full Version : gps

lee
04-05-2013, 03:39 AM
question , is there such a thing as a gps that i can carry in my pocket that will show me where ive detected across a field ? , somthing that could map where ive swung ? or am i living in cloud cuckoo land :huh:thinkingabout:

aloldstuff
04-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Lee, I myself not being that technically inclined, but I do think that what you are asking does exist. I know that I have read on some post somewhere that somebody actually put in some GPS numbers for a particular very small spot. I may be really out there in cloud land also but I am pretty sure about this.

Route 66
04-05-2013, 08:18 AM
It sounds like you're looking for the feature available on the Garmin handheld (pocket) units called TrackBack.

nicklehead
04-05-2013, 06:56 PM
The best Gps has about a 3 meter resolution which could be parallel tracks swinging so it would be possible but that type of unit may also be pretty pricey.

Stakes and string would be alot more economical

Henk
04-06-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure if this will help but you may want to look at GPS lap timers for motorcycles. One of the guys I race against has a unit the size of a small mobile phone that he puts on the handle bars which has no display but dumps its memory to a laptop via USB. Gives the obvious race related stuff like lap times and speeds but also a display of lines through every corner to see what the fastest way round was. I'm afraid I have no idea of make a model although I may be able to find out next weekend.

Indotguy
04-09-2013, 04:17 AM
About any handheld GPS will save a backtrack of your path and could be helpful in MDing. An entry level Garmin GPS can be had for $100 or less.

Wisconsin Lockman
04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I have a Application on my IPhone I use and it is called Trimble Outdoors Navigator Pro. It has Lat & Long, pictures, maps, ect