PDA

View Full Version : The Jar

CODY
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi folks. Several have mentioned the jar. Last year I started putting all the silver coins I found in a small jar to see if I could fill it up in a year. Of course that didn't happen. So I started putting the coins in an albumn. Coins of an identical date now go into the jar. Unless of course its a Barber or earlier. Or it looks better than the one I have in the book. Of course the silver dollars were taken out and put in protective covers. Anyway my plan, unless there is a HUGE increase in the price of silver, is to fill the jar before I die and then to bury it in a most secret place, along with a note. [attachimg=1] One day an unsuspecting detectorist will find his find of a lifetime. Neat, huh? Happy hunting all.

aloldstuff
04-05-2013, 03:12 PM
So there's the JAR. I have been checking my mailbox daily cause I thought you were gonna send it to me... rofl :hysterical:

OxShoeDrew
04-05-2013, 04:11 PM
So there's the JAR. I have been checking my mailbox daily cause I thought you were gonna send it to me... rofl :hysterical:
lol It would over-load on my machine and I'd never dig it lol
Put them all a foot apart in some field....then tell me the coordinates, I'll keep the site under my hat. >8)
8/ but..I'll be dead long before you lol

nicklehead
04-05-2013, 04:12 PM
How old are you?

Rob L
04-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Nice Silver finds. But, I think you should get a smaller jar. It would be easier to fill up, and it wouldn't take as long. You could bury it sooner, and if you ever needed the money, you could dig it up yourself ,before you die. Hummm, that sounds like something I should do. No I guess not, I couldn't find a small enough jar.

JdsCoins
04-05-2013, 08:31 PM
You had my heart racing, when I saw the title I thought you dug the jar! ;o

You could make a confusing treasure map or riddle and post it online, and may the best treasure hunter win. LOL

CODY
04-06-2013, 02:46 PM
How old are you?

I'm 61.

CODY
04-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Nice Silver finds. But, I think you should get a smaller jar. It would be easier to fill up, and it wouldn't take as long. You could bury it sooner, and if you ever needed the money, you could dig it up yourself ,before you die. Hummm, that sounds like something I should do. No I guess not, I couldn't find a small enough jar.

Actually the jar is quite small. About the size of a coffee cup with very thick glass. Thinking about burying it deep enough where the machines of today can't pick it up. But by the year 3000, who knows. Hmmmmmm.[attachimg=1]

nicklehead
04-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm 61.

Well that leaves me out!
I would've never found it with my F75ltd anyway.
I absolutely worship the day I bought me an e-trac!

jkress
04-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Oh the 'Cody' jar. :smitten: :happydance01:

Fill it up buddy. No need to bury it... silver will rise again soon. :beerbuddy:

If you do decide to put it back in the ground, choose Iowa. :peace:

starman2
04-12-2013, 02:22 PM
:perfect10:! Thats a great idea! Ah, could you get in touch with me when you start feelin poorly? rofl Some detector will be very happy to find that jar!