PDA

View Full Version : April 5th, 2013

CTDirtFisher
04-05-2013, 06:09 PM
It was 62 in CT TODAY !!!! :detecting:

I got out with a club member today and we hit a spot that has been hammered for the last 7 years... My last trip there I got a 1916 WLH (last fall) and last week they pulled a 1895 O Barber Half...

So we gave it our best today...

The day started slow for me... a Clad dime... 2 bird tags... a wheatie....

Then I was working the far back of the location and I got a solid dime signal that was sizing and sounding larger than a dime...

I can see the grips / handle to a gun... a Toy Gun... mostly in tact :-)

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

I recovered some costume jewelry, some trash... another wheatie... hmmm.... 1909... no S but is there a VDB ?? Looks like it to me... *shrug*

[attachimg=4]

Then walking along (this is a wooded area) what the heck is that.... Its a Turtle Shell :-)

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]

I got a 3 wheat penny and my last target was a 10/35 10/37 repeats... turn 90 deg... next to nothing... but it sounded to good...

I dug to find out I was off on the pinpointing in all the trash... but it was there...

1903 Indian Head Penny...

[attachimg=8]

HH ALL !!
Paul

skribnod
04-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Nice finds, most toy guns I have found only come in many pieces lol. Surprises me the gun wasn't found sooner by a MD, goes to show, no place is ever hunted out. |:cheering:

Lodge Scent
04-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Nice digs! Looks like an eastern Box Turtle shell. They are considered threatened in many parts of their range. I think I see a VDB.

skribnodsister
04-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Nice Hunting Paul! Cool turtle shell.. I think I see a VDB also :confused: :congrats: on the IH and all your finds! :peace:

CODY
04-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Sweet! :congrats:

aloldstuff
04-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Paul, that has to be the first turtle shell that I have seen posted. Even though the cap gun is not complete at least its a Hubley. Congrats on the IH & wheats. All my 1909's are missing the s also.