PDA

View Full Version : Cracker Jack Token/Coin

Chas61
04-06-2013, 12:28 AM
I am very new to this hobby and today I found a small piece of Americana. It is a coin featuring former Pres. Grover Cleveland. It was manufactured by the Cracker Jack Company in the 30's. It was the prize in the box and a way to gain entrance into the Cracker Jack Mystery Club. I don't think it is worth anything it is made of aluminum. But it made my day.

POKIE73
04-06-2013, 04:57 AM
thats still a great find then if you are happy with it congrats on your find dennis ps its the unusual finds that i like the most

aloldstuff
04-06-2013, 07:44 AM
:congrats: on the find, as Dennis said those are the cool finds that keep this hobby exciting.

Skamaniac
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Worth is not only in the eye of the beholder, but also the hand of the holder. I love finding bits of history like that! Nice find. (I remember when Cracker Jack had COOL prizes instead of the paper junk they have now. As a kid I loved to get a whistle. My mom, not so much.)

ChrisinCT
04-07-2013, 12:31 AM
I love finding stuff like that. Ill take that over a silver Rosie or merc any day.

To me that kind of stuff makes for a much better display case of finds. They add interest.

There's millions of dimes but how often will you find a Cracker Jack token?

Nice find

OxShoeDrew
04-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Hey, that was a Crackerjack find. :grin:

DIGGER27
04-15-2013, 09:46 AM
I also love these type of finds the best.
We are digging history, after all.

Last year I dug this small little thing that was pretty much smashed flat, when I unfolded it it was small but very cute.
After doing some research I discovered this was a Cracker jack to that was put in their boxes from the late 20's to the early 30's.

They can't get away with supplying anything this small, anymore, (I never ever had a thought on swallowing my toys when I was a kid!), and I have dug a lot but this little tank is one of my favorites of all time because I could place it in history.