PDA

View Full Version : Snow All But Gone

OxShoeDrew
04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Evil white stuff is all but gone <: and the coppers are starting their run. :clapping: I dug more holes than usual this morning. Lots of non-ferrous, only two coins. This was my second visit to this site (unfortunately someone hit it in the mean time) and everything has been post civil war...so I didn't expect any large coppers. The dateless matron was a surprise. I was thinking it was another piece of cut copper or a grommet.
The people that lived at this site were wealthy, and later than most of my spots. No ox shoes lol or knobs :-\ Only horse metal...buckles, rosettes, and shoes.
This was my 2nd hunt in a row where I found a rosette next to the front door step of a cellar hole :dontknow:
Not pictured is about 10 shot gun shells :hairpulling: Thanks for looking, Drew
PS Anyone know what that item is on the left of the last photo? I dug two of those lately.

aloldstuff
04-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Drew, nice hunting. Sorry to hear that someone else got to the site inbetween your visits.
I think that the item in question is a manly nose picker.... rofl. :congrats: on your keepers.

Lodge Scent
04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Nice digs. If you are finding that many shotgun shells it hasn't been hit that hard and there are still goodies to be found.

Might that nose picker aso serve as a window latch of some sort ?

drew73
04-06-2013, 10:00 PM
large cent I'm still looking :detecting: for my first one... :daydream: :crossfingers:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-06-2013, 10:43 PM
nice hunt drew.no clue on the nose picker thingy either :dontknow: