PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tana, where are you?

Epi-hunter
04-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Now that things have somewhat settled down with my job change, I hope I can get together with you and the other Kentucky guys (hockeyguy, magic... anyone else?) to do some detecting. I may be traveling this weekend, not sure yet, but I will be around otherwise. You guys have made some great finds lately! I also have a location in Indiana (just over the border) that might prove to be good. I think maybe you guys are at the DFX only hunt?

Ill Digger
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Oooooh Taaaanaaa.....wheeeeeere arrrrre youuuu ?!!!!! :confused: lol
The DFXonly hunt is this upcoming weekend. It starts (Fri.) the 30th and ends the (Sun.) 2nd.
Angie will you be blowing the dust off your DFX and joining in on the Tom Weaver hunt? :huh:
It looks like me and at least one if not two fellow detectorists will be making the trek to Ohio for the event thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Oooooh Taaaanaaa.....wheeeeeere arrrrre youuuu ?!!!!! :confused: lol
The DFXonly hunt is this upcoming weekend. It starts (Fri.) the 30th and ends the (Sun.) 2nd.
Angie will you be blowing the dust off your DFX and joining in on the Tom Weaver hunt? :huh:
It looks like me and at least one if not two fellow detectorists will be making the trek to Ohio for the event thumbsup01

I don't have a DFX lol It's Angel's DFX. I've used it for maybe fifteen minutes. I'm not taking it anywhere. I would go home in shame. :)

Ill Digger
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I would go home in shame. :)
:rolleyes: Naaah! We'll help you out thumbsup01
Any Whites machine is welcome from what I understand :yes:

hoser
04-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Anyone that can go to one of those hunts SHOULD! They are off the chart and more fun than you will ever know. I know I sure will miss not going this year. :-\ :crying02:

Geekwinkle
04-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey Epi -being 'just across the river' in Indiana, I suspect the wife and I would both be interested in any site you might know of in our neck of the woods and would be glad to hunt with you. We're working on permission for a few other sites that date into the early 1800's here, maybe we could set up a good day of hunting this spring? We're headed to Vegas on the weekend of May 7th but beyond that we're pretty free on weekends, and the occasional weekday.

Epi-hunter
04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey Epi -being 'just across the river' in Indiana, I suspect the wife and I would both be interested in any site you might know of in our neck of the woods and would be glad to hunt with you. We're working on permission for a few other sites that date into the early 1800's here, maybe we could set up a good day of hunting this spring? We're headed to Vegas on the weekend of May 7th but beyond that we're pretty free on weekends, and the occasional weekday.

That would be great! Would love to get together and detect with the two of you. I have been planning to research your area for parks, actually. Even Indianapolis is only three hours for me (two and a half, the way I drive lol :shocked04: ) and I have thought about making a weekend trip there as well.

Too bad that Louisville is out, as far a a detecting location...

I'll send you a PM.

magic
04-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Epi,
Tana is out on Vacation, She has been camping somplace with her family and is just traveling until the hunt this weekend. I am sure she will have lots to post when she gets back. If you need any help with the Indy area with places to hunt, Let me know. I can give you some good spots and can also tell you the areas to stay away from. Mostly the east side of Indy is where all the killings and robberys take place but there are a few other little areas also. Besides, If you came to my town and something happend to you, I am sure Angel would have my hide! :bop:

Epi-hunter
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Remind me where you live, magic? I know it's close.

I would love any info you could pass along about Indianapolis or other areas in the vicinity, actually. It would be very much appreciated. Yes, it is nice to know what areas to avoid too. I don't want to die lol

I don't even know what the detecting laws are in Indiana. I'll need to research that.

Thanks also for the info on Tana. Hope she's having a great time, and will look forward to her posts when she gets back! :yes:

tanacat
05-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks also for the info on Tana. Hope she's having a great time, and will look forward to her posts when she gets back! :yes:

Here I am!!! lol Aw, I feel so loved... :smitten: Well, I have been travelling a lot lately- a few days in Gatlinburg, Tennessee for some good hiking and sightseeing. Then a few days of camping at my grandparent's 300 acre tree farm in eastern Kentucky. Then the dfxonly hunt up in Ohio! I'm ready to settle in and stay home for a bit :yes:

But the main reason I haven't posted much is--- I haven't found anything exciting to share! (I have popped in a few times to lurk and complimented a few on their finds). I have found lotsa lotsa clad the past few weeks. I rolled it up and took to the bank for the first time- fun!!! I have $60 cash total, that I'm going to invest in some silver. Any suggestions on what will appreciate best with time? I was thinking (Handyman suggested) a roll of common rosies. But maybe one valuable quarter or half? One NICE coin to represent all my hard work.

Anyway thanks for the special thread, thinking of me Angie. I'm going to share some pics and show what I found on the dfxonly group hunt here in a bit.