PDA

View Full Version : Pewter Liberty Property button

OxShoeDrew
04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi Friends, I was spending Sunday with family when, one by one, they all left. So I headed out for an hour. Found this pewter button, with what looks to be a flower in the center and the words Liberty and Property on the outside. British? Thanks!

Lodge Scent
04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
That's really cool. Is the word Life on there too. Life, Liberty, Property was the forerunner of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

del
04-07-2013, 08:05 PM
take care of that button Drew it may be a real winner , i'll share some info later on it . have to get to work right now .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
04-09-2013, 05:21 AM
That's really cool. Is the word Life on there too. Life, Liberty, Property was the forerunner of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Yeah Lodge Scent, I guess John Locke said that.....life isn't on it :dontknow:

take care of that button Drew it may be a real winner , i'll share some info later on it . have to get to work right now .

Dan
thanks Dan, I read that American sailors in the revolution wore these buttons.

del
04-09-2013, 05:47 AM
yes , American Sailors and Privateers from around the time of the War of independence and just after . its the first one i've seen Drew , how is the button holding up ??

OxShoeDrew
04-09-2013, 06:56 AM
yes , American Sailors and Privateers from around the time of the War of independence and just after . its the first one i've seen Drew , how is the button holding up ??
I let it dry since Sunday, today I'm going to coat it with clear elmers glue diluted a bit with water. Unless you know a better way to care for it ::huh::

Wisconsin Lockman
04-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Nice button find

Lodge Scent
04-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I hope you can ID that OxShoeDrew. It is an interesting piece.