PDA

View Full Version : Weekend hunts *cellar holes give up silver shoe buckle and coppers

Thiltzy
04-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Got out Saturday to some private property that has at least 6 cellar holes scattered around 100's of acres. We were able to locate 4 in which one of them gave up some decent goodies. Plenty of buttons including a naval cuff button, a 1843 Braided Hair Large Cent, one complete shoe buckle frame, and I beautiful silver applied half a shoe buckle.

During today's hunt, Dave and I met up with a poster on another forum in which he took us to some sites in Rhodae Island. We hiked alot while visiting 4 more cellar holes that unfortunately had already been pounded. I was able to squeek out an 1825 Matron Head and a handul of buttons. The sites were not that productive but the fun time easily made up for it. ::usaflag::

Elad
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Nice finds. Not too bad for sites that have been pounded!

Love those cellar hole pictures.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-08-2013, 06:53 AM
the naval button cleaned up nice! great job! how sad to see that silvered buckle missing it's other half crying01 i had fun all weekend.

aloldstuff
04-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Some nice finds. Is that head one of a baseball player:huh:

del
04-08-2013, 02:08 PM
wow great weekend Todd , coppers decent buttons and relics . your haveing a great year so far :perfect10:

Lodge Scent
04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Great finds! You don't see too many cellar holes with a standing chimney.

Thiltzy
04-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Nice finds. Not too bad for sites that have been pounded!

Love those cellar hole pictures.
They can't find everything and I am glad to pick up the scraps :yes:

the naval button cleaned up nice! great job! how sad to see that silvered buckle missing it's other half crying01 i had fun all weekend.
Yeah dave, it was fun but don't ever infringe on my area again :bop:

wow great weekend Todd , coppers decent buttons and relics . your haveing a great year so far :perfect10:
Thanks Dan. One week after telling you I wanted to check one off the bucket it list and there ya have it :cool:

Great finds! You don't see too many cellar holes with a standing chimney.
Nope, I had never seen on until Sunday

del
04-09-2013, 05:06 PM
how did your host JB do or was he to busy climbing on the chimney for the camera. lol lol

Thiltzy
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
how did your host JB do or was he to busy climbing on the chimney for the camera. lol lol
Phil Simms was mezmorised by the chimney, I think he spent an hour studying it. He was very funny

Thiltzy
04-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Some nice finds. Is that head one of a baseball player:huh:
The head figure looks to be that of a horse jockey :dontknow: or equestrian rider

swamp yankee
04-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Got out Saturday to some private property that has at least 6 cellar holes scattered around 100's of acres. We were able to locate 4 in which one of them gave up some decent goodies. Plenty of buttons including a naval cuff button, a 1843 Braided Hair Large Cent, one complete shoe buckle frame, and I beautiful silver applied half a shoe buckle.

During today's hunt, Dave and I met up with a poster on another forum in which he took us to some sites in Rhodae Island. We hiked alot while visiting 4 more cellar holes that unfortunately had already been pounded. I was able to squeek out an 1825 Matron Head and a handul of buttons. The sites were not that productive but the fun time easily made up for it. ::usaflag::
Great hunt guys and the finds were worth the walk any day! Thanx for the video link too it was one of the best so far this year. Keep it up and hope you clean up this season! HH.....

Sal66
04-13-2013, 04:34 AM
|:cheering: Wow that 1st one looks like someone cleaned it up with a rake, it's so clean looking. Usually cellar holes are filled with trash or caved in. The one is in Pristine condition. The owner took good care of it. I like the huge Chimney, that's great ! The owner most have lived there a long time for there to be items still left in the ground. As far as the man's head, I don't think it's a baseball player because baseball started later. It looks like a horse Jockey.
:congrats: AGAIN!!

Fire Fighter 43
04-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Nice digs, congrats on some great relics |:cheering: