PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got to Do Some Diggin' This Week!!

Ill Digger
04-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Well it looks like spring has finally sprung here in northern Illinois! <:
This past week, since I'm on the night shift, I got up and got out of the house a couple hours early each day to get in a little swing time before having to head off to work. >:tongue: lol
Each day I was able to pull at least one keeper in the short time I had to hunt.
Wednesday I found a 1907 V nickle and 1 wheatie.
Thursday I managed only 1 wheat and a general service cuff (snap) button.
Friday I managed 3 wheaties, 1 IH, and a 10K gold ring with 3 diamonds in it! <:
Saturday I pocketed 2 more IH's and a few more wheats. ;)
[attachimg=1]
Here's a few pictures of the GOLD ring! :daydream:
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]

And here's all the clad thumbsup01 and all the bad! :thumbsdown: .... lol
(Clad piles for each day at the bottom)
[attachimg=5]

I went out today for a couple of hours before dinner and managed 1 more whaetie for the week! thumbsup01 And a 1960 Dog Tax! (Not pictured.)

Thanks for lookin' & HH all! :groovy:

I shot a short video from my phone of the ring. Here it is.... if this works :dontknow:
http://vid766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/th_photobucket-18239-1365400224861_zps4972e451.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/?action=view&current=photobucket-18239-1365400224861_zps4972e451.mp4)

aloldstuff
04-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Your hunting has given you some keepers everyday.... :congrats: :congrats:

V nickle, IH's and wheats topped off with some 10K gold, excellent. Seems like gold rings are popping up everywhere. I see that your earned the gold by the number of bottle caps and pulltabs in the bad pile.

z118
04-08-2013, 06:41 AM
thumbsup01 Nice Ring! Is there anything sweeter than seeing that in the dirt when you figured you were digging junk? Congrats! Looks like you really earned it too with all those tabs and bottle tops you dug. Nice work!

skribnod
04-08-2013, 08:50 AM
:congrats: on the ring. I'm still looking for the elusive injuns this year, yours look to be in good condition. Your pile of pulltabs looks like mine from the last few hunts! I' m focusing more parks this year working on gold rings so I can find enough to have it melted and get a ring made from gold found MDing. HH

Tony Two-Cent
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Congrats on the nice pile of keepers, Tim! |:cheering:

Those Indian Heads look like they're in good shape. :yes:

And boy, that gold ring is awesome! It looks like it's pretty big. Very cool that it has diamonds too! :loveit:

Is that a Canadian beaver nickel I see in your clad pile?

I'm glad that spring has finally arrived for you and that you are able to get out for some hunts!

skribnodsister
04-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Nice hunt Tim! That's a pretty sweet looking ring you found :peace: Love the Indians..Congrats on your finds! :perfect10:

marinedad
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
nice pile-o-finds tim.

Cheap Thrills
04-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Great going Timmy , It's good to see you're getting out and making some nice finds . |:cheering:

jkress
04-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Lots of things for the junk pile, but... that's a lot of great keepers. :peace:

Congrats on the IH's and V. :yes: They are beauties. My favorite from the bunch is the 10K Gold. <: Excellent find buddy.

Ill Digger
04-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Seems like gold rings are popping up everywhere. I see that your earned the gold by the number of bottle caps and pulltabs in the bad pile.
Thanks Al!
:confused: I've been thinking the same thing lately. :yes: It's funny... when I dug the ring I said to myself My turn to post a little gold! <: lol

thumbsup01 Nice Ring! Is there anything sweeter than seeing that in the dirt when you figured you were digging junk? Congrats!
Thanks Z! :grin: I don't think there is anything more beautiful. :dontknow: ....... lol

:congrats: on the ring. I'm still looking for the elusive injuns this year, yours look to be in good condition.
Thanks! |:cheering:
You'll get yours this year! :yes: thumbsup01 These do seem to be in pretty nice shape. :yes: I still need to clean them. In all the excitement of finding the gold ring it never dawn on me... I got a 1909 IH!! I need that one for my book!! :shocked04: <: And it's the nicest one of all... except the little ding on the edge. :rolleyes: (not from me lol )

And boy, that gold ring is awesome! It looks like it's pretty big. Very cool that it has diamonds too! :loveit:

Is that a Canadian beaver nickel I see in your clad pile?
Thanks Tony! :beerbuddy:
The ring is a size 10 or 10¼. It fits me! It was bent pretty bad when I dug it and it still fit loosely on my pinky finger. thumbsup01
And yes it is! That is my first Canadian nickle! <;) The beaver threw me off for a second :confused: lol Good eyes! :shocked01: lol

Nice hunt Tim! That's a pretty sweet looking ring you found :peace: Love the Indians..Congrats on your finds! :perfect10:
Thanks Donna! |:confused:)
It was defiantly a nice way to start my day and walk into work! :bananadance: happydance02 lol

nice pile-o-finds tim.
Thanks Mark! :waving:

Great going Timmy , It's good to see you're getting out and making some nice finds . |:cheering:
Thanks man! |:cheering:
It feels good too! Let me tell ya! :happy:

Lots of things for the junk pile, but... that's a lot of great keepers. :peace:
My favorite from the bunch is the 10K Gold. <: Excellent find buddy.
Thanks Joe! :grin:
Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.... but I think it's got to be my favorite too! thumbsup01 :yes:...... lol

CODY
04-09-2013, 07:15 AM
WTG Tim. Great finds! Im still looking for my first gold. :congrats:

CTDirtFisher
04-09-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm glad you got out.... Wheaties, Indians, a nice button, and GOLD !!! :wow:

Wisconsin Lockman
04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Congrats on the super hunt. :congrats: thumbsup01

OxShoeDrew
04-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Looks like gain steam as the week goes on, not me :) Glad you are finding the time and Congrats!

pulltabsteve
04-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Great couple of finds you got there Tim! Love the V and the ring :beerbuddy: :perfect10:

del
04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
hey Tim congrats on the gold :bananadance: nice sifter , :thinkingabout: i have to make me one of those :yes:

Full Metal Digger
04-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Congrats Tim. I'm glad to see you are able to get out and MD! I am jealous of the gold ring. I guess I need to catch up with you and Tony. HH, Dave.

Fire Fighter 43
04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
WTG Tim, its good to see your swinging again and congrats on your finds. This spring has been brutal, the ground is finally thawed but now the rain will not STOP.Oh we'll I guess it's just time to get muddy.

milco
04-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Great stuff Tim! Still waiting for mother nature to cooperate here... >:(

AmxFred
04-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Great finds! :bananadance:

Ill Digger
04-11-2013, 01:33 AM
WTG Tim. Great finds! Im still looking for my first gold. :congrats:
Thanks Cody! :grin:
I'm still looking for my first silver dollar. :drool: lol
You'll get yours too. thumbsup01

I'm glad you got out.... Wheaties, Indians, a nice button, and GOLD !!! :wow:
Thanks Paul!
Me too! :yes: It's felt like a 6 month winter! :frozen: lol

Congrats on the super hunt. :congrats: thumbsup01
Thank you! |:confused:)

Looks like gain steam as the week goes on, not me :) Glad you are finding the time and Congrats!
Thanks Drew! :)
It did kind of ramp up as the week went on. :yes: I really....really, really almost didn't go in Friday after finding the ring then the IHs and wheaties! lol

Great couple of finds you got there Tim! Love the V and the ring :beerbuddy: :perfect10:
Thanks Steve!
That V was kind of a surprise for me. This is the first OLD nickle I've found from this place. So that was a nice surprise. thumbsup01

hey Tim congrats on the gold :bananadance: nice sifter , :thinkingabout: i have to make me one of those :yes:
Thanks Dan! |:confused:)
Not much gets past you does it? lol Me and my youngest boy just built that sifter 2 or 3 weeks ago.
The old one finally fell apart.

Congrats Tim. I'm glad to see you are able to get out and MD! I am jealous of the gold ring. I guess I need to catch up with you and Tony. HH, Dave.
Thanks Dave! I'm sure it won't take you long to catch and pass me :rolleyes: Now Tony on the other hand?..... :eyebrow:

WTG Tim, its good to see your swinging again and congrats on your finds. This spring has been brutal, the ground is finally thawed but now the rain will not STOP.Oh we'll I guess it's just time to get muddy.
Thanks Jeff!
Ain't it nice to get out and smell that fresh dug dirt again!?! :daydream:
We're getting the rains now too. >:\

Great stuff Tim! Still waiting for mother nature to cooperate here... >:(
Thanks Darren! thumbsup01
I hear ya. >:\

Great finds! :bananadance:
Thanks Fred!

tech125
04-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Tim, Gold with diamonds, I like it.Congrats on all your finds...