PDA

View Full Version : A Hand full of Silver

RobW
04-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Al and I headed out on Sun morn. We hit a new park that looked to be promising, as they were dozing it...there were signs of old pottery etc. But alas....EXTREMLY trashy, even with disc. on it sounded like a machine gun, no matter how slow I went. After awhile, and nothing but some clad we decided to head off. We hit another small park we had some success at last year. Again after awhile and nothing but clad...we just weren't feeling it. >:#

So we took a bathroom break and got some breakfast..then headed back to old faithful. We have been pounding this park, and she still surprises me :shocked04:. I hit a few areas, with no success, then I get a quarter hit a few inches down....I'm thinking silver..but no...clad >{...a few feet over I get another quarter signal, I brush the grass away and there it is on top of the ground...1943 Washington <:...I work the area for a bit..a few wheats and a Merc. I decide to head over to Al to show him, he's on the other side of the park....as I'm walking I'm swinging. I cross over an area we have pounded to death....a odd sound alerts me, I investigate a bit...bouncing numbers ...I dig...another Merc happydance02....I move onto the field where Al is, I get a Nickle signal...I'm hoping for a Buff so I can Raz Al :poke:....Silver War Nickle :happydance01:...I'm still working my way over, and get another hit, I dig up a Key/baggage tag. I walk over to Al, lay it in his hands and ask what he thinks it is, which I really didn't care, it was just the set up..... He says oh I have something you'd like to see and shows me his Merc and medal....I said, teah, it took me awhile to find a wheat, but then I found this, Quarter, and this, Merc, then this, Marc, then this, War nickel.... :shocked04:....his face was priceless lol

We detected for a bit more...I was really hoping for that Buffalo :poke: :poke:...I dug so many Beaver Tails >:# >{ >:{...but did manage a nice Liberty Nickle. I also squeezed out a barber dime....running in AUto +3.....it was vertical, and hit at 12-42 at about 4 inches down..and I scratched it >{

We then headed off to another spot, but stuckout there, then off to another park we hav't really spent a whoile lot of time at, and I managed a few more wheats and 2 more Mercs....made for a nice day

CTDirtFisher
04-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Amazing HUNT !!

aloldstuff
04-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Rob comes over to show me his finds and let me tell you, I was :shocked03:.
I was really happy with what I had but Rob was a silver magnet. Had a great time and can't wait for this weekend.

Congrat on the finds and I have come to one conclusion: Buffalos are for eating.

RobW
04-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I have come to one conclusion: Buffalos are for eating.

<} rofl lol rofl

skribnodsister
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Awesome hunt Rob! Nice variety of coins. |:cheering: Congrats on all that Silver and the V nickel! :perfect10:

CODY
04-08-2013, 08:21 PM
:wow: Great finds and a great hunt. :congrats:

jkress
04-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Dang... that is a handful of silver. <:

Congratulations Rob, this is an incredible day of hunting. :drool:

Tony Two-Cent
04-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Now THAT'S how you do it! :happy:

Amazing hunt, Rob! Wow, look at all that silver! :loveit:

And Al thanks you for not finding his Buffalo Nickel. lol

:congrats:

Fire Fighter 43
04-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Ver nice hunt |:cheering: Congrats on all the silver.

starman2
04-12-2013, 01:36 PM
:wow: Looks like it was a VERY Good SDay!! :congrats: on all the Sil. Oh Man!, Now I'm startin to talk like them. WTG!!

RobW
04-12-2013, 01:49 PM
And Al thanks you for not finding his Buffalo Nickel. lol

:congrats:

<} rofl lol rofl rofl lol rofl

And Thanks everyone.....Mostly luck.....the right tools......and a smidge of experience ;)