PDA

View Full Version : New Park Silver

jkress
04-08-2013, 11:21 PM
We went out Friday to test drive a few new parks. The first one was a bust because of the fill dirt added since the 1930's. 8/

The second one however, showed some solid signs for a return trip. :yes:

Ron dug two Rosies plus a Merc while two Mercs, plus a Rosie found their way into my pocket.
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2013/pictures/picture-4.jpg

The 1916 is, unfortunately from San Francisco. But, it was a lot of fun hoping for the D before we could clearly see it was in fact a S . :)

Cheap Thrills
04-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Nice hunting . That 1916 is not very worn for it's age it's a beaut ! |:cheering:

Ill Digger
04-09-2013, 12:43 AM
The second one however, showed some solid signs for a return trip. :yes:
:yes: I guess! thumbsup01 lol That place is defiantly worth a return visit! ;)
Nice finds to ya both! |:cheering:
Congrats! :grin:

skribnodsister
04-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Nice hunt Joe! Oh man so close on the merc, maybe next time you'll have that D on there! Congrats on the Silver. :peace:

aloldstuff
04-09-2013, 04:46 AM
:congrats: close on the 1916. Pulling 6 silvers between the two of you I'd say that the park deserves a return visit. |:cheering:

POKIE73
04-09-2013, 05:16 AM
know how you feel on the 1916 i think i have 3 of them all have a s oh well they are still a great find maybe the next one thas what i tell myself congrats on your finds dennis |:cheering: |:cheering:

CODY
04-09-2013, 07:11 AM
:congrats: Excellant finds. Great picture as always. HH

CTDirtFisher
04-09-2013, 07:25 AM
It is always nice to find a new park that produces :-)

:congrats:

Wisconsin Lockman
04-09-2013, 11:18 AM
You had a super hunt when you walk away with silver. thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
It sure looks like a fun hunt to me, Joe! Without question, that park deserves some return visits! thumbsup01

I have only found two 1916 Mercs in my lifetime and neither had a mint mark. So often they are really worn but yours looks pretty good.

Nine wheaties is also a good sign that maybe the park hasn't been hunted to death.

Congrats on the nice finds and on finding a new site to hunt! |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
04-09-2013, 01:47 PM
The new park looks like its going to hold your interest for awhile Joe |:cheering: Congrats on the silver!

del
04-09-2013, 03:59 PM
very nice Joe , congrats on the silver and wheats :cheering: hope you do just as well on your next visit |:cheering:

skribnod
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
thumbsup01 Good finds Joe! I knew it wouldn't be long before we saw some silver post from you. Sooo close on the dime, hope the next one you find has the &quot:grin: mark. HH

jkress
04-11-2013, 12:34 AM
That 1916 is not very worn for it's age it's a beaut ! |:cheering:

Thanks, she did hold up well. :smitten:

Nice finds to ya both! |:cheering:

It was a very fun outing. :yes: We had a great time here.

Nice hunt Joe! Oh man so close on the merc, maybe next time you'll have that D on there! Congrats on the Silver. :peace:

lol Thank you Donna. It was close. I've dug several '16 Mercs... only a few have the S mint mark. Hopefully a D will come up. :yes:

Pulling 6 silvers between the two of you I'd say that the park deserves a return visit. |:cheering:

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing. :yes: We'll get back to here soon. But, we plan to go through our list of new sites we researched this winter
before returning. I'll keep you all posted. thumbsup01

know how you feel on the 1916 i think i have 3 of them all have a s

Here's hoping your next '16 is a D too. :beerbuddy:

:congrats: Excellant finds.

Thanks buddy. :)

It is always nice to find a new park that produces :-)

Yes it is. :happydance01: Finding silver at a new park is rewarding... as know. |:confused:)

You had a super hunt when you walk away with silver. thumbsup01

Silver makes any hunt very memorable. ;)

It sure looks like a fun hunt to me, Joe! Without question, that park deserves some return visits! thumbsup01

It was very fun for Ron and me. :yes: Although we have several 'winter research' sites we are excited to test drive next... this place is at the top of our list to revisit. :->

The new park looks like its going to hold your interest for awhile Joe |:cheering: Congrats on the silver!

Thanks Steve. Yep, we plan to get our coils over this ground very soon. :yes:

hope you do just as well on your next visit |:cheering:

We do too. thumbsup01 The human activity here is not very old. But there might be several Rosie and Mercs waiting for us here. :)

I knew it wouldn't be long before we saw some silver post from you.

lol Thankfully 2013 is just getting started for us here in Ia and Wi. :peace:
You are off to an incredible start this year. :clapping: