PDA

View Full Version : April 9th, 2013

CTDirtFisher
04-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Let me just start with.... I LOVE MY CTX 3030 !!!

I went to a small park tonight that I stopped visiting 2+ years ago... You can walk around this park in 90 seconds... It is between a marina and the Amtrack Railway...

This was the first place I hunted with my Bounty Hunter Landstar and I still remember getting my 1st Indian Head Penny (1888) there 5 years ago... I recovered 10+ Indians, 2 Shield Nickels, a few Merc's and a couple of buffalo's... but I always felt there was older silver there...

There is lots of deep lead and large pieces of rusting iron at this site... but its been 2 years and I'm armed with my 3030 now :-)

I had started at a park close by this place and had some clad and 5 Wheaties in my pouch...

I first decent signal was a sharp chirp of a 42, but not very deep... 4-5... It is a super thin barber dime...

1900 Barber Dime...

[attachimg=1]

There was some older silver here :-) and now it is in my possession... :happy:

Next up was a nickel signal... and as Usual the condition is... weak... but there is a date... 1901...

[attachimg=2]

next up was the nice mid 30's sound aka.... as 1899 Indian...

[attachimg=3]

The next 3 recovered targets where all within a 10 foot circle... and sounded almost like an Indian Penny... but also sounded like deep iron... Well they were deep pieces of lead...

New York, New Haven, & Hartford Rail Roads Lead Seals...

[attachimg=4]

The next recovered target I shot video of (and will get up tomorrow), its was not the best signal, but I was pretty sure it was deep silver @ 7...

A 2nd 1900 Barber Dime...

[attachimg=5]

5 Minutes later I for a 10 signal that I was pretty sure was iron... but it was a small encrusted coin...

1867 Indian Head Penny...

[attachimg=6]

My last target was my 6th Wheat Penny...

Total Keepers:

[attachimg=7]

DID I MENTION I LOVE MY CTX 3030 !! :-) :happy:

CODY
04-10-2013, 03:21 AM
:wow: Nice finds! Glad your enjoying your new toy. Keep at it. Looking forward to more great finds. :congrats:

aloldstuff
04-10-2013, 04:47 AM
:wow: what a great hunt. Couple of Barbers, couple IH's, a V, and some wheats plus some really cool lead seals. |:cheering:

POKIE73
04-10-2013, 06:09 AM
congrats on all of your finds i have a freind that bought a 30 30 he is enjoying it also dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
04-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Another awesome day of detecting for you, Paul! :wow:

Indian Heads, Barber Dimes, V Nickels, and I love the old lead seals too!

That CTX 3030 is working wonders for you! |:cheering:

CTDirtFisher
04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
:wow: Nice finds! Glad your enjoying your new toy. Keep at it. Looking forward to more great finds. :congrats:

Cody... Thank you...

:wow: what a great hunt. Couple of Barbers, couple IH's, a V, and some wheats plus some really cool lead seals. |:cheering:

Al... Thank you...

Another awesome day of detecting for you, Paul! :wow:

Indian Heads, Barber Dimes, V Nickels, and I love the old lead seals too!

That CTX 3030 is working wonders for you! |:cheering:

Tony... Did I mention that I love my 3030 :happy: I am still floating from finding that stuff last night at this well hammered very little park...

Thank you...

Fire Fighter 43
04-10-2013, 04:03 PM
The CTX is treating you well, congrats on some nice finds |:cheering: