PDA

View Full Version : Aprili 11th, 2013 Indians, Silver, a a Colonial Shoe Buckle Frame...

CTDirtFisher
04-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Hello ALL !!

I skipped a day of detecting to have Sushi and do some Cabela's shopping with a friend...

but I was jonsing to get back to that spot I got the 2 Barbers, 2 Indians, V, and 3 RR leads seals at Wednesday the 9th...

I arrived there and it was overcast, windy and cool... but noise cancel and GB... 1st target... Beaver tail...

Then I get that iffy mid 30's conductive signal @ 7-8 that could be an Indian Head Penny...

Yes sir... Hello Mr. 1909 IH...

[attachimg=1]

Then the ticket on this ride was over.... nothing but trash for the next hour... Time to find another spot... It's 6-6:15pm(ish) and I have about 90 minutes of light left... As I head out from this spot I drive by the middle of town and see a spot that I have detected, but the two huge Christmas trees that the town has decorated and light up for decades have been cut down.... hmmm There is a ground under those tress that I could never get to in the past... and the spot has been here since the mid to late 1700's... I've recovered Coppers to Wheaties here...

At the 1st tree section I recovered a 1986 5 Lira from Turkey... hmmm... cool... and I get a Wheaties at the tree... Move over to the 2nd tree... another wheatie... then I get a 42/43 @ 5...

1920 Mercury Silver Dime...

[attachimg=2]

About an hour of light left... Lets keep working till sun down...

I let my feet wander a little and recovered a couple more wheat backs... then I started to grid the section that yielded me the best finds in the past...

I was in the corner nest to a large old tree and got a 42/43 signal @ 3... I was hoping for silver that roots pushed up and prevented from getting to deep...

Nothing there at 3... 4... 5... but this signal is still band bang on the 3030... Did I miss pinpoint... nope... hmmm...

I had to work through some roots... 6... 7... 8... hmmm...

At 8 looks like I am right on it from the sounds of the pin pointer... but I can barely see... I have to use my hands to dig as the digger does not have enough curves to navigate this mess of roots... I can feel something.... Its...

A Frame... A Shoe Buckle Frame !! No chape or tongue, but I nice heavy plain square shoe buckle frame...

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

I'm 20 feet from my car... swing swing... hmmmm.... mid 30 @ 5... Indian ??

Yes in deed... Hello Mr. 1902...

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

What a run... wow... I've hunted 9 of the last 12 days (back to March 31st) totaling:

2 Washington Quarter
3 Barber Dimes
2 Mercury Dimes
1 Buffalo Nickel
1 V Nickel
10 Indian Head Pennies
Colonial Show Buckle Frame
War of 1812 Button
GW Commemorative Button (1832)
3 Lead New York, New Haven, and Hartford RR Seals

Look like heavy rain all day today and we have concert plans tomorrow... So I get a 2 day break :-)

I hope everyone is been out swinging and recovering goodies !!

Respectfully,
CTDirtFisher aka... Paul

Ytcoinshooter
04-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Real nice! Ill get a chance to see them next week if you are at the meeting.
HH-Bruce

Tony Two-Cent
04-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Very nice results again, Paul! That 1909 Indian Head was brand spanking new when it was dropped! And you got an older Merc and a cool shoe buckle too. You are having a great run with that 3030!

Keep it up! :clapping:

CTDirtFisher
04-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Real nice! Ill get a chance to see them next week if you are at the meeting.
HH-Bruce

Bruce !! Hey did you like that picture of you ?? :)

Very nice results again, Paul! That 1909 Indian Head was brand spanking new when it was dropped! And you got an older Merc and a cool shoe buckle too. You are having a great run with that 3030!

Keep it up! :clapping:

Tony... Thank you...

aloldstuff
04-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Nice observation on the 2 xmas trees being gone. A couple of nice IH's and a nice early merc... :congrats:

That shoe buckle frame is really cool.

Better weather coming this weekend....HH

starman2
04-12-2013, 01:47 PM
:perfect10: :wow: What a great bunch of finds! The 3030 is being really good to you. WTG!!

Fire Fighter 43
04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Very nice that first Indian is a beauty, WTG |:cheering:

CTDirtFisher
04-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Nice observation on the 2 xmas trees being gone. A couple of nice IH's and a nice early merc... :congrats:

That shoe buckle frame is really cool.

Better weather coming this weekend....HH

Al thank you...

:perfect10: :wow: What a great bunch of finds! The 3030 is being really good to you. WTG!!

Thank you... I've been fortunate, lucky, and armed with my 3030 hitting all of my old sites...

Very nice that first Indian is a beauty, WTG |:cheering:

FireFighter... Thank you.. It does look like it was dropped pretty fresh from the bank...

Sal66
04-14-2013, 08:50 AM
:congrats: Nice finds! I was wondering if a 1909 IH actually existed. That's the 1st I've seen posted .

CODY
04-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Great finds Paul. Your on a roll. Keep em coming. :congrats: