PDA

View Full Version : 2 Cent Small Motto (PIC Update)

sjv
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I posted a story in the wrong category with this. It's in the What is it postings :crazy: :crazy: :bop: Don't know why I did that. Anyway, I have a new Picture of the coin here also. Small motto's are rare so I fugured I'd show mine and ask your opinion on grade. Thanks

SeabeeRon
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Great detail!! :shocked04:

ProPointer
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
:drool: :twirlingeyes: The sheild on that is PERFECT!!

coinnut
04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey Sal, nice Small motto variety. It's definitely the small motto variety since the O and D in God are far apart and the first T in Trust almost touches the ribbon. Great rare 2 cent Piece thumbsup01 Condition?....is in the eyes of the beholder lol

sjv
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks all. Coinnut I found this while I was alone so I had no one to share it with. So I jumped up and down by myself. At least no one saw me . I didn't even know it was a small motto til I got home. It was like that alot that year, found more alone than when I went with Dan and Chris. It was weird.

sjv
05-03-2010, 08:10 AM
What grade would you say this coin is in ? I feel it's a least VG-8 or close to Fine. Does anyone else use a price guide besides the Red Book ?

coinnut
05-03-2010, 04:16 PM
What grade would you say this coin is in ? I feel it's a least VG-8 or close to Fine. Does anyone else use a price guide besides the Red Book ?

VG-:eyebrow: :confused: Are we looking at the same picture lol Even with the Redbook as a guide, I'd give it a minimum XF40 grade. That WE is bold. I don't have a good book for grading AU or MS grades, so I can't tell you if it's above XF, but I got a feeling it could be AU. Hope this helps and is close to correct lol

sjv
05-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Thanks. I did enhance it some, you do know that, right? One thing is for sure though, the WE is bold which is a big factor in grading it. Besides the fact you can see the &quot:grin: in God / The T in Trust. With a loop anyways.

coinnut
05-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks. I did enhance it some, you do know that, right? One thing is for sure though, the WE is bold which is a big factor in grading it. Besides the fact you can see the &quot:grin: in God / The T in Trust. With a loop anyways.

Enhanced it? :confused: What did you, feed it some Wheaties? lol I think some of it is struck weak, but the WE part is one of the highest points of the coin. If that shows and other parts are weaker, then I would think it's just a weak stuck coin. But definitely a nice grade, whatever it ends up being. :-\

sjv
06-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks coinnut. I show it to you some time.

Ill Digger
06-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Wow!! :shocked04: Thats in great shape!!
I hope I'm lucky enough to find one of those some day :drool:
Congrats :grin: