PDA

View Full Version : pretty lame weekend hunt

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2013, 07:19 PM
18 hours :detecting: of detecting & not all that much to show for it.hey can't win em all

del
04-14-2013, 07:42 PM
wow i hadn't heard from you boys , i was about to send the national guard to find you gents . ;) did anybody bring home the copper ??

CTDirtFisher
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
18 Hours of detecting is better than what most people were doing :detecting:

You had some keepers there, the weather was great in CT, and NO DAVE you can't dig awesome KG whatevers on ever trip :poke:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
wow i hadn't heard from you boys , i was about to send the national guard to find you gents . ;) did anybody bring home the copper ??

lol national guard.we found that homesite dan,it was a tiny depression with a covered up leafy well.no wonder ya couldnt see it.it was a dud.the saddle shield was only thing i found there.todd got a early seated dime not far away.but pounded out site for sure.we hit like 10 holes all weekend and they were battered.todd got one copper and some silver.John got a very small queen victoria 1863? copper.half penny i think as its half as small as them big one penny vickies.gary got a seated dime at a field site.i got a stinkin IH lol was a fun weekend regardless.hiked our butts off as usual,eyeball flies are out in full force.i ingested 3 of them and ticks were all over us like stink on crap.
so,how was your weekend? :hysterical:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
dan whats the design on the saddle shiled? a fleur di lis or a prince of wales plume?

del
04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
well thats good that everyone found something to bring home and keep. did you find the other two sites near that area that we talked about??

was a fun weekend regardless.hiked our butts off as usual,eyeball flies are out in full force.i ingested 3 of them and ticks were all over us like stink on crap.
so,how was your weekend? :hysterical:

hey i don't rely on satisfying my appetite on the tasty insect morsels when i'm out , thats why i bring a few snacks that are a bit more filling and taste better i'm sure . lol rofl
you guys still did better than me , i stayed home all weekend :embarrassed:

dan whats the design on the saddle shiled? a fleur di lis or a prince of wales plume?

its the prince of Wales design , seems more and more of these keep popping up . guess they're not as rare as some think they are .

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-14-2013, 09:56 PM
so Dan..would this prince of whales motiff date this piece as colonial era? :pirate:

aloldstuff
04-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Dave, that IH looks pretty darn good to me. Also that saddle shield is very cool. You guys did some serious traveling this weekend. Either that IH or shield would make my weekend. Coppers for everybody next time.

del
04-15-2013, 01:23 PM
so Dan..would this prince of whales motiff date this piece as colonial era? :pirate:

yeah Dave i believe it was a popular or patriotic motif for the colonists some years before they won their independence from the crown

Thiltzy
04-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Dave I really like the saddle shield and the motif looks great. I would have rather found that than a toasted copper..

Lodge Scent
04-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Lame hunt ? Look on the positive side. The snake could have been a copperhead and bit you. ;)

ChrisinCT
04-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Lame ? I think your getting spoiled. those are some nice finds.

Lodge Scent
04-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Hey we all have lame hunts now and then. Hang in there and don't fret. Next week you just might find 5 GW buttons or something.

del
04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Lame ? I think your getting spoiled. those are some nice finds.

after 5 gw's in one day all his hunts from now on will be lame :yes: to him anyways ;)

OxShoeDrew
04-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey we all have lame hunts now and then. Hang in there and don't fret. Next week you just might find 5 GW buttons or something.

lol lol
That'll be the day lol

Fire Fighter 43
04-21-2013, 06:52 PM
It looks like a good hunt to me, WTG |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
you guys are all sit down comedians. :blackeye: <}

del
04-22-2013, 06:16 PM
you guys are all sit down comedians. :blackeye: <}

this ain't the HEAVYMETALNUT roast threadpost:huh: