PDA

View Full Version : AT Pro Pinpointing

Skamaniac
04-14-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm having issues with the pinpointing on the AT Pro. I seem to have the problem when the battery level gets below 4 bars (full). Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a known problem with the Pros or do I need to return it for repairs?

Indotguy
04-17-2013, 04:08 AM
The unit should function like it's suppose to until the batteries are discharged, or at least to one bar.

Skamaniac
04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
I called Garrett and found out what I was doing wrong. Possibly. Seems I might have been pushing the pinpoint button while the coil was over the target. I need to push the pinpoint button when the coil is beside the target, then slide the coil over the target once the button is already pressed. I can't say for sure if this is what I was doing, but I'll make sure I do it the right way and see if that rectifies the problem.

Indotguy
04-18-2013, 05:38 PM
:omg: that's exactly what it says to do on page 34 of the owners manual!

Skamaniac
04-18-2013, 07:52 PM
lol This manual you speak of ... it sounds vaguely familiar. Like I should know its meaning! What threw me was I only noticed it happen when the battery was less than 4 bars. Like I said, I don't know if I was doing it wrong or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'll try it the right way and see what happens. AND I'll review the manual now that I know more about the machine. I'm sure it will all make more sense that it did when I read it originally.