PDA

View Full Version : New detectorist from CT

kpmoose
04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi all. New to the hobby & obviously new to the site. I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

I want to say thanks to Todd (Thiltzy), Dave (Heavymetalnut) and John (not sure of site name) who were kind enough to let me come along on a hunt this past Saturday. thumbsup01 I came up pretty empty (other than a couple iron relics that I thought were pretty cool), but I still had a blast. These guys seemed like energizer bunnies with the amount of hiking we did. I thought I was in decent shape? Guess I have to work on my detector legs. :shocked04: I know I have a long way to go to understanding my machine and this hobby, but I know I'll enjoy every minute of it.

CODY
04-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. You got some great teachers there. Will be looking forward to your finds and post. Remember, no matter what machine you use. &quot:beerbuddy:ecome one with your machine, and the force will be with you!

Lowjiber
04-15-2013, 05:46 AM
It sounds like you're already in pretty good company. We're glad you joined us too. Welcome from southern Nevada.

del
04-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the forum Kpmoose , watch out for those fellas and definately don't get in between them and a copper :pirate: (they'll run right over ya in a heart beat to get to it lol lol) glad you joined us here .

Dan

aloldstuff
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Welcome from western MA. You had some great teachers this past weekend and pay attention to what Del said..... rofl

Tony Two-Cent
04-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad to have you here, Moose! |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Hey Moose, what kind of machine are you swinging? Nice state we have here for :detecting:

I wish you well and look forward to your finds. Drew

Thiltzy
04-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Kpmoose , watch out for those fellas and definately don't get in between them and a copper :pirate: (they'll run right over ya in a heart beat to get to it lol lol) glad you joined us here .

Dan
I'm not the one that Kpmoose has to worry about. Dave on the other hand... and don't even think about infringing on his swinging area \:hammer: or he may end up cutting your coil cable with his root clippers :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

kpmoose
04-16-2013, 06:27 PM

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan, dually noted. ;) Hope to meet up with some other members in the future. thumbsup01

kpmoose
04-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Hey Moose, what kind of machine are you swinging? Nice state we have here for :detecting:

I wish you well and look forward to your finds. Drew

I got the White's MXT Pro based on Thiltzy's recommendation and I did a little research prior. Think I made a good choice. Time will tell. :dontknow:

buck57
04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Welcome from mid Missouri moose. :waving:. Good hunting to ya. thumbsup01

tanacat
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Welcome from Kentucky! :groovy:

Great hunting pals - on my bucket list to hunt cellar holes w/those guys lol

Fire Fighter 43
04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin. Good luck with your new hobby. Stick with those guys you hunted with and you will learn some invaluable skills, they are all expert relic hunters.

Mudder
05-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome from South Mississippi. Just wanted to wish you good luck and I'm looking forward to your future posts. :waving:

coinnut
05-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Welcome aboard from western MA. Don't worry about Dave, he never strikes you until the end of the hunt lol How do you think he gets so much stuff :behave: You picked a great machine. Just be patient and dig those iffy signals so you can see what they are. And keep the pressure on them boys :clapping: