PDA

View Full Version : So close, yet so far away.

hoser
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I live just a stones throw away from the Michigan National Guard camp here in Grayling. Since 911 they have put the camp off limits to civilians. I have contacted the base commander to see if there was some way for me to get a pass to do a little hunting on the base proper, but unfortunately he said no. Too bad, as I know the EXACT spot where this photo was taken. Can you just imagine what might be hiding there. :shocked04: :bangahead01: I'm not gonna give up altogether though. Where there is a will there's a way. ;) Maybe if I apply for a part time job there doing something like cleaning up old pieces of metal. :drool: rofl

del
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
great old photo Hoser when was it taken , looks to be late thirties or early forties from the car in the forground .good luck , it would be a cool place to hunt

SeabeeRon
04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Looks like a great site with huge potential! :yes:
Hey, try pulling the 'ol Seabee card!! :grin: :beatdown:

toehead
04-23-2010, 05:36 AM
That is too bad. Sure looks promising. :crying02: Maybe you could find out what hobbies the base commander enjoys and schmooze him that way. rofl Yah never know maybe he has a clock that needs fixin.

coinnut
04-23-2010, 06:33 AM
I smell Mercuries, Barbers, V's and Buffalo's rofl Hope you can work your way in. I agree, pull the Military card lol

angellionel
04-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Wow! If you did get to hunt that place you better be carrying a HUGE finds pouch. lol The silver may drag you down. lol The site has huge potential for plenty of it. :drool:

moseng
04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Off limits? With an American name like Hoser you'd think it would be a slam dunk! :twirlingeyes: Anyway, that base commander may not be there forever... never know! Good luck!