PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon

pulltabsteve
04-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Lots of sick damn people in this world.... My buddy Mikes wife passed the finish line 15 minutes before the bombs went off. Thank god she's ok but she was close enough to see it and obviously hear it. Sick, sick people...

ssserena
04-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Did I miss something!

del
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Steve , I 've watched it unfold now for the last few hours , its amazing more people weren't injured or killed . those first responders are an incredible breed they are doing an amazing job , I hope they find those responsible and bring them to justice very swiftly .

my thoughts and prayers go out to the innocent victims and families affected

pulltabsteve
04-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Did I miss something!

ssserena, The Boston marathon is a huge race here in the USA. At 3PM today 2 bombs went off at the finish line. As of now 2 people are dead and dozens injured.

ssserena
04-15-2013, 05:31 PM
I usually don't watch tv but I think im going to turn it on I usually watch Netflix..Thats terrible though...I pray this stuff stops and never returns.

aloldstuff
04-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Lets all pray for the end of this terrorism. Reality says that this problem will never go away, so everybody needs to be more vigilant. My prayers are going out to all the victims of this senseless act.

SeabeeRon
04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Thoughts & prayers from the West Coast for all my Boston area friends!

Skamaniac
04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Crazy! Just friggin' crazy.

CyberSage
04-15-2013, 08:12 PM
We all need to pray, or focus our positive energy to the good people of Boston at this time. In the the end we are all Americans, and if we go back a few years we are all immigrants, and ultimately we are foreigners from a distant land. We no doubt have our differences, but more importantly we have our commonalities. In trying times such as these we find that common ground, as we have throughout history. God be with those affected by today's tragedy. Peace be with them.

Have faith in humanity. Did you notice all the people who ran toward the explosions? I choose to believe these selfless caring people outnumber the evil by the millions.

Epi-hunter
04-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Have faith in humanity. Did you notice all the people who ran toward the explosions? I choose to believe these selfless caring people outnumber the evil by the millions.

I agree Jack. Thanks for pointing this out.

It's easy to focus on the evil, but we should be focusing on the good. The vast majority of us fall into that category.

tanacat
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Like 9/11 it really brought the community together... watching this on t.v. brings back deeper/fresh emotions of the turmoil and devastation of 9/11. Not that I ever forgot, but fresh memories for many (PTSD).

It makes me double-think our upcoming trip to Disney World with our kids... :shocked01: surely no one would be cruel enough to target.

Btw, I wonder if they had sniffin' dogs near the finish line- prob would've been able to detect those bombs! Depending on the ingredients? I can't think of any other sure way to prevent in huge crowds like that.

pulltabsteve
04-20-2013, 04:35 AM
Did anyone see the video of the people looting the marathon sweatshirts and jackets from the kiosk seconds after the bombing? Dirtbags...
Boston Marathon Crooks aka LOOTERS? Helping themselves instead of others! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hM7Ura6Q4w#ws)
At least the police captured the 2nd suspect alive. Maybe they will be able to get some intel from him. Peace and love everyone...

SeabeeRon
04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Wow Steve, thanks for that video! I had not seen that!! >:# The good deeds out weighed the bad by a bunch, but there is always going to be those that will take advantage of a situation! \:[ I hope they use this clip to go after each and every one of them!! :beatdown: >:\

pulltabsteve
04-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I hope they use this clip to go after each and every one of them!! :beatdown: >:\

I hope so too Ron. Its obvious that the good people out number the bad. But as my OP stated, lots of sick people in the world.
For someone to hurt a child is the worst thing anyone can do. Mandatory death penalty one way or the other.

ssserena
04-21-2013, 09:44 AM
we might want to institute some 1800s punishment this would deter a lot of garbage...