PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Better, Got Out

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I've been under the weather the last few days and could do nothing while the grass started growing in the hay fields :-\ Felt better today so I hit one of those fields for a few hours.
The ring is plated, I guess the button is a general cuff, and the crotal is a four holed number 3. I might go out again this afternoon!! :happydance01:
EDIT- I did go out again and dug a wiped KG (?) and another military cuff button, but this is one of those that have the O on the outside. I cant remember if it is NY state or what.

aloldstuff
04-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Glad you're feeling better and you beat the growth of the hay. Nice crotral bell but what is that heart shaped item?? :congrats: on being able to get out.

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks Al, I dug one of those heart things before. I guess it is the top of some type of locket :dontknow:

aloldstuff
04-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks Al, I dug one of those heart things before. I guess it is the top of some type of locket :dontknow:

That's a pretty big locket, whats the back look like

Tony Two-Cent
04-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Glad you are feeling better, Drew! |:cheering:

It looks like you are definitely in the right area for old stuff! Very nice button and crotal bell.

I hope you find some more goodies this afternoon!

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Al, that heart is a punched item. the back is a negative of the front.
Thank you Tony, we had glorious weather!

del
04-17-2013, 03:31 PM
hey Drew , nice to see you again digging in the dirt my friend . some old items from that field. the button looks to be a U.S. Navy from about the 1820's or 30's . it should clean up pretty well too. :congrats:

Lodge Scent
04-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Nice digs! I like those little crotal bells but I can't seem find a whole one :dontknow:

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2013, 06:13 PM
hey Drew , nice to see you again digging in the dirt my friend . some old items from that field. the button looks to be a U.S. Navy from about the 1820's or 30's . it should clean up pretty well too. :congrats:

Oh yeah, Navy. |:cheering: The eagle is sitting on an anchor :)
I found an army button and navy today. ::usaflag:: lol

Nice digs! I like those little crotal bells but I can't seem find a whole one :dontknow:

I don't come across them much either Lodge, only my second complete bell. Thanks for looking, Drew

Fire Fighter 43
04-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Congrats on some nice digs, the bell looks to be in great shape. |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-18-2013, 07:48 PM
very nice early naval button! i dug a complete locket exactly the same.nice hunt!